Christophe.Barot

PON2-Subforum-improving -AI behaviours-army moves parameters

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:35 pm

while I took over Great Britain in my german game (i'll have one day a British game too, but presently haven't) to be in a good situation to test Egyptian script, I noticed weird places (in normally unexplored areas) where "my" British army lies - and of course, no making them out (I can just prevent new units to starve in wilderness)

here are the pictures, "my" units land in Lybia (before Egyptian script, is easier than going from Egypt, while Brits don't have the faintest interst in either Cyrenaica or Tripolitania (the time denominations), and ... no supply there either :( and, anticipating Rhodes schemes "Africa from Cairo to the Cape) bravely begin a journey (a "trek") from the Lybian desert to Zululand, sort of

[ATTACH]25923[/ATTACH]

needless to say, they won't make it I fear, guess most will starve on the way. Britain is rich and powerful, but it is still the waste

[ATTACH]25924[/ATTACH]

so I see three problems, and 3 ways to help correcting it (possibly complementary solutiosn and not alternative)

- modifying movements routines /tests of the code - [color="#40E0D0"]this is job for Pocus I fear, with limited time available (but may be necessary at it destroys full armies)[/color]

- teaching AI (better) how to use transports - [color="#40E0D0"]ditto[/color], unless someone has an idea - [color="#40E0D0"]transports are used in AGE engine[/color], both in RJW scenarios, and in other games I guess (ACW ? BOA ? there are civilian operations) so I guess it must be [color="#40E0D0"]feasible to set parameters to use them, or checks [/color], according to distance - problem is, especially if coding is involved, I don't have the faintest idea of the time it will take to Pocus - whose time is rare and precious - still it is a need (after, if there is a need to test, but of course I don't know where that sort of parameters are, am not trained to use it,; and don't even know if I can access, if pure code, we can hardly relieve ..)

- tinkering with areas importance, and parameters (still, if Cape is or becomes important, brits will go there then, so doesn't solve all by itself) -[color="#40E0D0"] here too we need the parameters, and basic ones[/color] (if we don't know in which file they are - I mean it's for helping team, not necessary for general public, but WE need it), we can't change and test them, ditto for diplomacy, it's good to tell AI to ally more to such poower, but without knowing either the base propension, nor what factors naturally influence it without bias, it's a bit blind guiding - you can force things, or have no effect, without knowingg
Attachments
tripolitania to cape trek.jpg
coming from tripolitania through unexplored africa.jpg
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Christophe.Barot

a useful hint from Clovis, but is it applicable ?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:28 pm

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?17547-How-to-build-a-better-AGE-AI-with-events

basic idea is to prevent British AI to send troops that far by LAND

but setting a low interest doesn't make the trick, we don't want Britain disinterest herself from South Africa, or India, we want them to send troops by sea and not by land !

how to do that ? any idea, someone ? Generalissimo ? Pocus, Philthib ? does any of you has a hint of what we can do (except you making a heavy coding)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “Help improve PON”