Christophe.Barot

PON2-subforum improve Events - improving Franco Prussian war results events

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm

due to German nationalism, a reconciliation peace in 1871 alike the one with Austria was unattainable :

due to the natural radicalization of opinions during war, the demand for "recovering" Alsace AND Lorraine (French since Louis XIV, but long or short time was not the point, as German notion of Nation was based on language, French on the will - and Alsacians-Lorrains did not want to be annexed ... but in war, the victor is the one which dictates the terms) was pressing and could not be ignored

[ATTACH]25716[/ATTACH]

some right wing elements in leadership were even more extreme (Moltke wanted to exterminate the whole French people "for impiety") so no way NOT taking Alsace AND Lorraine

so Game must allow (and as a semi automatical result of German victory) annexation of both provinces, but , for now, only Alsace can be annexed by a player (they are annexable only by AI Germany, and a few other nations must be AI too) - this because when ethny is a minority, province is not annexable unless you have at least 25% loyalty (unless ones has annexability hardcoded, and it is not the case and I can't correct it)

so I propose 2 correcting steps :

a) set german loyalty of Alsace and lorraine for germany at 25% (figure grossly ahistorical, but necessary to allow normal annexation by a player)

[ATTACH]26038[/ATTACH]

b) as warscore demanded is really high, allow historical outcome to happen IF Paris (and not bordering provinces) is conquered - siege of paris can be rather long (for me it was), which creates very historical like situation. Actual taking of Paris did not happen (Prussians had rather starving Parisians to death than risking huge losses and bad image to neutrals (for enemy civilian losses) by a fierce street fighting against military and civilians mixed) but ingame "taking"of Paris actually simulates the surrendering of Paris and the loss of Control of the capital (La Commune) by the French government

[ATTACH]25715[/ATTACH]

so here it is :

SelectFaction = $CMN
SelectRegion = $Brandenburg
StartEvent = evt_nam_PRU_War_exacerbates_german_claims|1|2|null|Event-img_GER_ArmySize1893|$Brandenburg|NULL

Conditions

MinDate = 1870/07/01
MaxDate = 1888/03/10

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalIsAtWarWith = FRA

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_PRU_Germany1871

[color="#40E0D0"]// I will add a description and image later[/color]

[ATTACH]26037[/ATTACH]

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 75

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Lorraine
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 75

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 25

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Lorraine
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 25

EndEvent
Attachments
entree prussiens a paris.jpeg
1887_Bettanier_Der_Schwarze_Fleck_anagoria.jpg
August_1_1914-germany.jpg
bismarck tiers.jpeg
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:06 pm

and here is the complement allowing to end the war (easier than getting a warscore big enough for 2 provinces but still requring a long patience while AI repeatedly offer Reunion+Alsace, alternating with Reunion+Lorraine - by the time it happens, French Army is supposed to have been dispatched and almost annihilated (or I wonder how you're supplied besieging Paris)

SelectFaction = $CMN
StartEvent = evt_nam_PRU_Germany1871_Metz-Strassburg|1|2|evt_txt_PRU_Germany1871|Event-img_GER_ImperialGermany1871|$Brandenburg|NULL

Conditions

MinDate = 1870/07/01
MaxDate = 1888/03/10

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalRgnOwned = $Ile de France

Probability = 75

Actions
SelectRegion = $Alsace

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Alsace

SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeRgnOwner = FRA

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Lorraine

SelectRegion = $Lorraine

ChangeRgnOwner = FRA

[color="#40E0D0"]//getting the land is possible and historical, the minds and hearts totally ahistorical, so ...[/color]

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 75

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Lorraine
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 75

[color="#40E0D0"]// and do not forget to remove those imperial objectives, now that French Republic should respect people will way more
// at this stage, Imperial regime should fall, but other events or plain system take care of that[/color]

ChgObjective = $Luxemburg;0
ChgObjective = $Mexico;0

SelectFaction = $GER

SettleWhitePeace = FRA

EndEvent

[ATTACH]25717[/ATTACH]

[color="#40E0D0"]// Now remain for you, if you play France, to prepare for revenge war and to expand army, colonies, economy and alliances for so doing meanwhile, revenge is best served cold - avoid antagonizing Britain ..
// and if you played Germany, to isolate France and build a strong army enough to keep her at bay (what do you expect from her now, really, serious, ..)
// while expanding economy, colonies, and in due time army and fleet as France is not your main competitor (sure no more, but anyway, Britain, US, Russia are way more likely main rivals VP like)
// you'll fight them with a sure handicap (France) but Germany is structurally up to the task (still good luck to fight Britain in the colonies ..) and endgame is a big part of the fun - 1866 and 1870 were a training[/color]

[ATTACH]25718[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Deutschlands_Hochseeflotte+.jpg
cpa-patriotique-22.jpg
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

[/color]

Heeward
Private

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:10 am

Christophe.Barot wrote:and here is the complement allowing to end the war (easier than getting a warscore big enough for 2 provinces but still requring a long patience while AI repeatedly offer Reunion+Alsace, alternating with Reunion+Lorraine - by the time it happens, French Army is supposed to have been dispatched and almost annihilated (or I wonder how you're supplied besieging Paris)

SelectFaction = $CMN
StartEvent = evt_nam_PRU_Germany1871_Metz-Strassburg|1|2|evt_txt_PRU_Germany1871|Event-img_GER_ImperialGermany1871|$Brandenburg|NULL

Conditions

MinDate = 1870/07/01
MaxDate = 1888/03/10

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalRgnOwned = $Ile de France

Probability = 75

Actions
SelectRegion = $Alsace

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Alsace

SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeRgnOwner = FRA

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Lorraine

SelectRegion = $Lorraine

ChangeRgnOwner = FRA

[color="#40E0D0"]//getting the land is possible and historical, the minds and hearts totally ahistorical, so ...[/color]

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 75

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Lorraine
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 75

[color="#40E0D0"]// and do not forget to remove those imperial objectives, now that French Republic should respect people will way more
// at this stage, Imperial regime should fall, but other events or plain system take care of that[/color]

ChgObjective = $Luxemburg;0
ChgObjective = $Mexico;0

SelectFaction = $GER

SettleWhitePeace = FRA

EndEvent

[ATTACH]25717[/ATTACH]

[color="#40E0D0"]// Now remain for you, if you play France, to prepare for revenge war and to expand army, colonies, economy and alliances for so doing meanwhile, revenge is best served cold - avoid antagonizing Britain ..
// and if you played Germany, to isolate France and build a strong army enough to keep her at bay (what do you expect from her now, really, serious, ..)
// while expanding economy, colonies, and in due time army and fleet as France is not your main competitor (sure no more, but anyway, Britain, US, Russia are way more likely main rivals VP like)
// you'll fight them with a sure handicap (France) but Germany is structurally up to the task (still good luck to fight Britain in the colonies ..) and endgame is a big part of the fun - 1866 and 1870 were a training[/color]

[ATTACH]25718[/ATTACH]

So what file am I editing?

Christophe.Barot

German unification events here is the file

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:04 pm

this is German unification events

here it is [ATTACH]26337[/ATTACH]

you just have to take your old german unification events in safe place - necessary caution, and replace by this one - or copy/paste events
if you replace, rename of course

you have 2 more changes in it, be warned

Nikolsburg conditions fire differently, more historically, and have a provisio for Italian (Prussian-Ally) Austrian peace conditions (Lombardia and Venetia are transferred)

added a "Hoch Habsburg" event just in case Austria win - untested

If you don't like them, clearly edit

if you make a feedback about how events worked and if it seems more satisfactory, it is welcome

good game :)

edit : text and image will miss for Hochhabsburg - guess Kensai edited images for his ones, I can do it too (not today) or you can use this one [ATTACH]26339[/ATTACH] - thanks for method Kensai

text .. later, those are running works you know
Attachments
AUS-deutschmeister.png
German Unification EventsMod.zip
(5.98 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

[/color]

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi its the GER Events in: vgn\events - you should have something like this:

[ATTACH]26338[/ATTACH]

obviously the full file root will vary depending on how you've set up your games
Attachments
2014-01-19_110036.jpg
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Heeward
Private

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:32 am

Thank you for the help. I will have to test it today.

Kensai

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:51 am

Sorry for the off topic, but Albert Bettanier's painting of "The Black Stain" (1887) is really superb. Was not aware of its existence.

Thanks for sharing! :sherlock:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

HerrDan

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 am

Well I'm playing a game as Prussia, at the moment North German Confederation, but the event Nikolsburg Preliminaries didn't worked as intended I'm afraid to say, the event appeared in my message board, I signed it in my F1 screen, agreeing to give Austria a White Peace, but next turn nothing happened as I was still at war with Austria etc...I was so happy to see that event but unfortunately no changes were made...anyway thank you Barot for trying to improve our game experience, I'll report here if the events of the Franco-Prussian war work or not.

Christophe.Barot

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:26 pm

news that Nikolsburg event is broken is a bad thing
is it possible to have a save of your game here so we can test it ?

[/color]

HerrDan

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 am

Unfortunately I don't have the save file anymore.

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm

HerrDan wrote:the event appeared in my message board, I signed it in my F1 screen, agreeing to give Austria a White Peace, but next turn nothing happened as I was still at war with Austria etc...I was so happy to see that event but unfortunately no changes were made...

I experienced the same with the F1 decision about war on Denmark - it does not work as a decision, but only a hint that you can manually make the historical war/peace (in F9). At least that's what Kensai thought. Either the F1 "decision" is a badly worded hint only, or it's a non-working decision.

Return to “Help improve PON”