Christophe.Barot

PON2-subforum script AI reaction

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Just to begin this sub thread, i'll fill later

this thread will be dedicated to discussion and tuning scripts allowing powers to react to other power moves, which they presently do not, or not enough, or unsatisfactorily

PON crisis module (I'll develop another time) does not adequately do the job - or not at all, and acts as a sandbox self standing randomizer system

so, for getting an adequate behaviour of powers "The Puissances/Powers" (great and mutually recognized ones)" giving the historically minded player , we need SCRIPTS ! individualized ones

So I iintend to propose uin this subthread (list not limitative)

Austria reacting to a Prussian agression against a german minor

Austria reacting to a French agression against a german minor

France reacting to a Prussian agression against a german (southern) minor

France reacting to an Austrian agression against a german minor // unlikely as Austria has no stake doing that , but to plan as it could happen from an ahistorical-minded or original player

Prussia reacting to an Austrian agression against a german minor

Prussia reacting to a French agression against a german minor

Piedmont and France reacting to an Austrian Agression against a German minor

Prussia reacting to Franco Piedmontese going off limits in early game

examination of Crimean crisis (well treated but we still have little problems about principalties to tune)

Britain/France/Prussia reacting against an agression about belgium

Russia and japan (and their allies) reacting against each other - and having japan be more active/imperialist perhaps

implementation of Monroe doctrine

French/British in mexico

British and Austrians reacting to Russian move against Constantinople

Russian and ustrian reacting against each other influence in balkans (and from allies)

Russian reacting to Ottoman turmoil and repression

diverse colonial situations and rivalries reaction :

Anglo-Russian about Afghanistan (or even Persia)

French-British (Fashoda, Egypt, Siam)

French Italian (Tunisia)

French german (Morocco)

perhaps a serious infringement in case of China trouble and infringement of foreign rights (Boxer but also possible opportunities of action as great powers reacted to various china moves, like xenophobia, murders of missionaries and diplomats, refusal to buy opium or to grant free trade or exterritorial privileges ...

not limitative, first german reaction script soon ...
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Christophe.Barot

options ?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:49 pm

I wonder if that sort of reactions wouldn't be best handled by game of options, giving player a choice to go on or back up, and including other nations reactions

this of course assumes the scripter (mainly myself, I guess) masters somehow the options scripting .... which is this present day, far to be the case :( well, one improves with time ...
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “Help improve PON”