Siegfroh
Major

XY are now ready to make peace with my nation ?

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:56 pm

New unmodded game 1850, beta testing as France.

In late January 1850, I get the messages below.

"Algeria" doesn't appear in the list of African nations I can talk to. Neither in the list of nations I am at war with. Actually, I believed I am Algeria ? And no, the colonial actions with "chiefs" are not available.

"Wolof" - well you see it yourself:

[ATTACH]33979[/ATTACH]

For the sultan of Wolof, the colonial actions with "chiefs" are available. But I reckon that is not what is meant with the colonisation message ?

seathom
Colonel

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:06 am

The Wolof are a people in west Africa, I believe ( Senegal, Gambia and Mauretania). I haven't had dealings with Algeria yet, but I assume it may be in the minor nation or unorganized nation tab.

Siegfroh
Major

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:04 am

Yes, I found the Wolof, West Africa, tribal - the screenshot I posted above shows my diplomatoc options with them:

If I can declare war on them, part of the game engine firmly believes I am in peace with them. If the message 1/151 tells me they "are now ready to make peace", part of the game engine is convinced I am on war with them.

Playing as France, all the Algerian territory is mine from the very beginning (colony, 100% military control). The Algerians show up only as part of the population (with different degrees of loyalty).

Return to “Help improve PON”