Marmaduke
Civilian

My greatest wish for Civil War2

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:25 am

There have been mods attempted at doing this but they seem to run into an endless string of challenges and problems. I would imagine while designing this game it would be much easier just to input the data rather than attempting an entire reconstruction.

Here is my wish list for this and other strategic level games.

Give the option of one week and half week turns. This changes the dynamic of the game immensely and allows for many more operational decisions. When you are locked in to a two week turn the feeling of being hamstrung is palpable. One week turns may not be everyones cup of tea but knowing that an average infantry unit covers approximately 20 miles a day in the narrow confines of the Virginia theater is crucial to operational decision makeing. The Western theater does not feel it as much but in the narrow geography of the East it is on this level (and sometimes days) that strategic decisions were made and based.

I love this game - my 2 cents anyway

Captain_Orso

Re: My greatest wish for Civil War2

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:58 pm

While I agree, that would be really great to have, with the current engine, it's not possible.

Many things in the engine use days for their takt. For example, loss and gain of cohesion is calculated daily for each element(!!)--yes, kids, don't try this at home :blink:

But unfortunately, some parameters use turns as their takt. When creating a new game, Pocus and the devs have to tweak the AGE game engine, so that these parameters fit to the days-per-turn paradigm of the game. So changing the days-per-turn within a game with the current engine is unfortunately not possible.

Marmaduke
Civilian

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Captain Orso,

Yeah I get that.

This is a wish list thread.

Marmaduke
Civilian

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm

I believe Wars of Napoleon are one week turns, are they not?

allan_boa
Colonel

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Marmaduke wrote:I believe Wars of Napoleon are one week turns, are they not?

Yes Sir !

Captain_Orso

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 am

Marmaduke wrote:Captain Orso,

Yeah I get that.

This is a wish list thread.

Okay, sorry. I thought you were thinking along the lines of Civil War II Gold.

Pocus already said something about only doing database changes for that, so no changes in the engine.

We'll see what the new engine brings... :eek:

Return to “Help improve CW2”