greycat
Private

Fort cancellation effect

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Building or capturing a fort adjacent to a river/sea area decreases by 4 the number of naval elements needed to blockade an enemy port. This is quite reasonable, but it is not obvious why the enemy should be able to cancel this by building forts of his own. This 'fort cancellation effect" also seem to interfere with the 'USA Distant Blockade' event. For example, in a game that I am currently playing (as the Union), a Confederate fort in Richmond seemed to be cancelling out the distant blockade imposed by Fort Monroe. In reality, if the entrance to the James River is blockaded, fortifying Richmond will not make any difference! :w00t:

I also have a suspicion that depots may have a similar effect - I occupied Fort Fisher but Wilmington remained unblockaded. There was no Confederate fort present but there was a depot.

I was able to remove these undesirable effects by disabling the 'fort cancellation' effect, but I would like to suggest that this may be worth looking into for a future patch. :wavey:

Return to “Help improve CW2”