plasticpanzers
Corporal

Game seriously needs a Leaders page

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:07 am

I am quite frustrated with the leadership system as currently designed. I am really tired of trying to find leaders and
figure out why or why not they cannot be promoted, can't be made Corps or Army commanders and just get a generic
reason (one of 5 or so why he cannot). I am tired of division commanders that suddenly cannot command divisions,
Corps commanders that suddenly cannot command Corps (when reorganizing) and why some commanders fighting and
winning numerous battles don't get a promotion and those that lose do. I'm tired (as the Union) with four armies from
Tennessee West and two in the East and why I seem to have 3-4 Corps commanders in the West in June 1862 and yet
none that can command Corps in the East.

The game REALLY needs a leadership page (clickable on the book icon) that shows:
Leader name/location(and state) and go to when clicked on name
current seniority
can command brigade (check for yes or blank)
can command division (check for yes or blank)
can command corps (check for yes or blank)
can command army (check for yes or blank)
can be promoted (check for yes or blank)
A (active) I(inactive) D(dead) C(captured) W(wounded)

The above would be consistant with knowledge that the faction commander would know without having to play look
under all the rocks for the seniority and guess why you cannot promote or use him.

I am sure many who play have figured out ways to get around this but I would rather push thru this and get this page
done as it is really needed.

Paule3000
Corporal

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:55 pm

I second this.

btw I really don't see the point of only being able to activate divisional command for leaders who are activated.

Pocus

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 am

We are pushing to develop a new tool for our upcoming game and we will try to refactor this new work in EAW and CW2, but this won't be before fall probably.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Paule3000
Corporal

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:55 pm

This is good news!

plasticpanzers
Corporal

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:51 pm

I look forward to it! Wonderful game otherwise!

Return to “Help improve CW2”