donagel
Sergeant

WAD or bug?

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:08 pm

RC9:

I have noticed that occationally, when i go buy units (F11), all the units are red meaning I cannot buy them. However, when I look at my resources, I should be able to. Other than lack of resources, is there any other thing that you need to have in order to buy units? Or is this a bug?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H.L. Mencken-

Durk

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:01 am

Hmm, I have never seen this. I have on occasion forgotten that I am out of one resource, like money. Our I have an insufficient amount.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 am

I have noticed this too but rarely does it happen. I always blamed myself for being ignorant of a purchasing requirement. :bonk:
I'm playing an April 61 CSA campaign in 1.04 and preparing to update to 1.05 RC9.

Captain_Orso

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:22 pm

There were issues of a similar description occurring with auto-replacements being set. IIRC part of the issue was that AR was purchasing replacements and putting one or more of the player's resources into the red, but the GUI was showing an absolute value and not the negative. For example, if money was at '-50', the GUI was showing "50", but the game actually knew that the player was $50 in the hole, and of course wouldn't allow him to purchase anything.

I thought the display issue had been fixed.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:41 pm

I never set auto replacement but it hasn't happened in a long while. I'm updating to current patch today so I'll keep an eye out for it. It probably has been fixed or was my fault originally.

I have seen what you are describing with the failure to show negative numbers and maybe that was the issue. Thanks.

Return to “Help improve CW2”