CajunNavy
Private

Same Stalling CTD

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:56 pm

I am still having the same CTD problem only this time it seems to occur after processing the turn and is more frequent.

I get: "Several errors have been generated and the application is stalling". Then CTD.

Thanks

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm getting the same thing; though I can reload the save and continue onwards with no problem for a period of time. The glitch with Bales of Cotton in Matagorda is still around: i.e. event places 2574 turns ago, and will last -2574 turns (not exact numbers but an aproximation); though placing a new event does clear it.

richfed

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Prussia wrote:I'm getting the same thing; though I can reload the save and continue onwards with no problem for a period of time. The glitch with Bales of Cotton in Matagorda is still around: i.e. event places 2574 turns ago, and will last -2574 turns (not exact numbers but an aproximation); though placing a new event does clear it.

So far, I have no CTDs, but the graphical glitches with RGDs is certainly there. It is not just the bales. Similar issue with Runners, etc. Sometimes, a played card does not show at all on the next turn, like Telegraph in New Orleans. Later on in the same turn, while scrolling around the map, it WILL appear.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Pocus

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi,

I would need more infos, the logs for example (for the OP problem). For the RGD will take a look, to you have a reproducible operating procedure?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

richfed

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 pm

As far as RGDs [full campaign]: Start with the CSA cotton bales in Matagorda, TX. Play one. It will appear as normal. Run the turn. USUALLY, the map icon will still be there, although the message box will have a proper message. Hoover your mouse over the icon on the map and the tool-tip will say something along the lines of what Prussia says above.

Try Runners. Put runners n 2 ports. Run the turn. Let's say, both fail ... yet, the runner icon will still show on the map as if it was successful.

It should be noted that the game will allow re-placement of these RGDs even though thy appear erroneously on the map. Also, thy are a one turn phenomena. If left alone, they correct themselves the following turn.

Try telegraph in New Orleans as I described above.

These are 3 of the more common instances. Similar results happen with some others. It seems to be purely graphical and does not affect the game other than to confuse

Pocus

Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:56 pm

I see what's the problem, thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help improve CW2”