melvi
Corporal

RC4 long campaign issues

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Hello,

I started another long campaign playing the Union. This time i have RC4 patch installed 8). Stuff i have fount:

- Santa fe and Albuquerque militias still have 300/500 xp dunno if this is working as intended.

[ATTACH]25325[/ATTACH]

Regards:

Melvi
Attachments
militiaxp.jpg

melvi
Corporal

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 pm

A nonsense but in turn 11, early sept 1861, i have got twice the message "you may now build ironclads" when the scripted events filter is applied, first 1/11 and then again exactly same message as 11/11.
Santa Fe militia mentioned in previous message is a line infantry already with 2/10 xp, although Albuquerque militia is still only militia with 300/500 xp.

Regards:

Melvi

Pocus

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:52 am

the problem is now mitigated by the fact that you lose most of your XP when you upgrade.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

melvi
Corporal

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello,

It is late may 1862 in my long campaign playing Union and although i did a partial movilization between january and early may, dont remember exactly witch turn but i am sure i did, i can do another partial movilization again. I though that was only possible each 6 months?

Regards:

Melvi

melvi
Corporal

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello,

Ok, it is twice my garrison militias blow up the depot the city they defending when i win the battle with another forces present. I think that event needs a look. It cant be that my winning troops blow up a depot that ill still need/use. It is ok if the unit that blow up the depot is the last standing defender and he is loosing. It shouldnt be that i have a stack power 500, 600 or whatever that wins the battle against the attacker and the silly garrison militia that it is dieing in another stack blows up my depot, bah.

Regards:

Melvi

melvi
Corporal

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Hello,

Same turn Don Carlos Buell appeared in the game, he had grouped with him a 2 stars general called C. Gilbert, first time i have seen him in game, other long campaigns i have played Don Carlos Buell came alone. The issue is that there is no the typical message saying general Gilbert joined the game, just the message saying Don Carlos Buell awaits new command.

Regards:

Melvi

PhilThib

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:27 am

Yes, a minor fix about Gilbert (consider he was chief of staff with Buell...which indeed was the case).

melvi
Corporal

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Ok another minor bug,

In this turn , early nov 1862, brigadier general Willian H. French has been promoted to major general via script , from 1 star general to 2 stars general ( so i suppose brigadier general is name for 1 star generals and major general is name for 2 stars generals). In this same turn brigadier general Stoneman is awaiting a new command ( 1 star general) and brigadier general Howard is awaiting a new command ( it is a 2 stars general this time). I`d say you need to correct the message for Howard and change to "Major general Howard is awaiting a new command".

Regards:

Melvi

von Sachsen
Captain

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:32 pm

The main issue I have been having is Kentucky remaining blocked. Playing as the Union, both in my last game up to July 1862 and my current one of November 1861, Kentucky has remained neutral, as the South has not invaded it. Granted I could invade it, but not at the cost of 10 NM. There should be something in place that allows KY to go to one side or the other if neither side invades by a certain point. If my memory serves, right about the time the south invaded, KY was already fairly close to ending its neutrality. In any case, it would not be very fun to reach 1864 and still have Kentucky off limits.

EDIT: Of course as I write this message my turn was processing, and the CSA invaded Kentucky. Still In my first game it did reach Mid 1862 with no invasion.

Return to “Help improve CW2”