dublish
Corporal

Unlock State Militias

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 am

The state militia regiments spawned by event and as the responses to enemy raids all seem to be stuck in whichever region they happen to appear. Confining these local response forces to a limited area is a good way to offset the fact that you're given the units for free, but I think it'd make a bit more sense for the militia units to be mobile at least within their state of origin. Locking them into a single region just makes them pointless.

Ace

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:30 am

+1

Pocus

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:24 am

They will be unlocked when directly attacked.

The engine can't allow a particular area also. Either you are fixed or you are not, although they will move slowly outside their area of recruitment, once unlocked.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ace

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Pocus wrote:They will be unlocked when directly attacked.

The engine can't allow a particular area also. Either you are fixed or you are not, although they will move slowly outside their area of recruitment, once unlocked.

We could always "trick" the engine by giving militias severe out of state movement penalties. So unit unlocking so they can defend the whole state, not just the capital, and movement penalties if venturing out of state :)

Captain_Orso

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 am

First off, all militia are already penalized when out-of-state.

Secondly, if you get a "Reaction Force", up until now all that I have seen have always been 1 cav., 2 mil. and a 12lb-er. The 2 mil. you cannot move from their region; cav. and 12lb-er you of course can.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I believe I've seen that units or elements can be created with a restriction to a certain area (pre defined, like the states or grand regions). When I get a life again some day I'll try it out and offer it as a mod or for Pocus to use in some patch.

oberst_klink
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:First off, all militia are already penalized when out-of-state.

Secondly, if you get a "Reaction Force", up until now all that I have seen have always been 1 cav., 2 mil. and a 12lb-er. The 2 mil. you cannot move from their region; cav. and 12lb-er you of course can.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I believe I've seen that units or elements can be created with a restriction to a certain area (pre defined, like the states or grand regions). When I get a life again some day I'll try it out and offer it as a mod or for Pocus to use in some patch.

I second your motion. E.g. Remember the GA State Militia and Governor Brown? He wasn't really keen sending his boys and material to the CSA and he denounced Confederate President Jefferson Davis as an incipient tyrant..

Klink, Oberst
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Don't forget to visit the Gefechtsstand!

Return to “Help improve CW2”