Stelteck
Colonel

Map navigation can be improved

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:30 am

Greetings.

I have some suggestion that may be usefull in my opinion to improve map navigation. Of course it is only my own advice, may be some people will have differents opinions.

- To move the map, we have to put the mouse to the border of the screen. It is a good system, but when you want to do small move it may be a long mouse run. i would like in addition to be able to move the map using drag/drop with the middle mouse button.
If you want to center the screen to an army just next to your current position, you click on the army with the center of the button, then drag it to the center of the screen.
I would really like this.

- A common way to move fast in the huge map is zoom out, select a position and zoom in. But i think there is a little problem with it. The zoom in do not follow the mouse position, you usually zoom in in another place. I think the zoom in shall zoom at the position of the mouse.
(Very easy to test : Position the screen zoom max on washington. Zoom out to max position. Put mouse cursor on london. Zoom in. The zoom will not be on london).

Ebbingford

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am

An easier way to move large distances is to click on the area you want to go on the mini map :)
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Stelteck
Colonel

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:58 am

Ebbingford wrote:An easier way to move large distances is to click on the area you want to go on the mini map :)

I know but i'am not familiar in US geography and i often prefer to have a global look at the map in the large screen, searching where is connecticut to construct factory for example :D

Return to “Help improve CW2”