Papa Thomas
Corporal

General’s deaths more historical accurate

Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:39 pm

The historic date of a general killed in combat should increase the probability they are killed in the game. For Example after April 6, 1862 A. S. Johnston should be 75% (or whatever percentage you deem accurate) more likely to be killed in combat.
This feature should be an option added to game play, to allow players to play more historically or explore the what if’s of if these generals remained in combat.

Captain_Orso

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:44 pm

I don't think the historical dates of leader's deaths should play any role in the game. Most deaths of leaders in combat during the war were caused by their leading their men and exposing themselves to danger, which had nothing to do with a date on the calendar.

If a player wants to eliminate leaders on the historic date of their death or wounding they can add simple events which kill them off on those dates.

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Fair enough, thanks for the reply

FightingBuckeye
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw mention that generals who died in the war do have a greater chance of dying in game, but I don't think it is tied to a specific date.

Captain_Orso

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 am

FightingBuckeye wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw mention that generals who died in the war do have a greater chance of dying in game, but I don't think it is tied to a specific date.

That's an urban legend.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:That's an urban legend.

Pocus wrote:This is not your imagination, probabilities are biased. Each leader has a death chance, leaders who died historically tend to die more often than the others.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38307-Public-Beta-Patch-1-05-RC9-(February-27th-update)&p=341572&viewfull=1#post341572

:blink:

BTW, if a Corps leader dies could it be possible to make someone else in the stack (seniority?) take over like Stuart did in RL?

It would really be a massacre loosing the whole Corps structure in a bad spot, maybe even brake a division inside to get a leader rather than break the Corps during battle.

Maybe not possible to fix easily but this could kill a game in one turn.

Return to “Help improve CW2”