W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

1.05 RC8 Partisan Raid decision not working

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Please see the attached jpeg. Can anyone kindly confirm?[ATTACH]33012[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Partisan raid.jpg
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Pocus

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 am

Was the depot level 2 before this event? This would explains.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:27 am

Negative. It was a level one depot. Has happened two turns in a row. I'll post up the relevant .hst files when I get the chance.
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."

Pocus

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:02 pm

yes with the backup1 folder, i.e RGD dropped but not processed.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Kindly see the attached. I direct your attention to the region of Beaumont TX. Partisan raid ordered and is successful the following turn. However, federal depot remains intact. I conclude the decision card is not working as intended.

[ATTACH]33024[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]33023[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Backup9.zip
(480.16 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Backup8.zip
(481.13 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

Prussia
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 pm

I have Quantrill's Bushwackers running around in Illinois and they pillage the land with no problem, but they seem to be incapable of destroying rail lines- this has gone on for several turns with no damaged rail.

Additionally, and quite engaging to encounter- a Union partisan unit is running around in Texas pillaging nicely, and apparently has destroyed a Powder Factory in Dallas and destroyed the Ranches in the Dallas area (no Militia triggered).

- Will I be able to repair or rebuild that Factory? In theory it should reappear in the list of factories available to build (so far I haven't seen this occur).
- Will the Ranches repair? Given the nature of the farmlands they should be able to be replanted within a certain period of time.

Thanks in advance.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi Prussia,

You will probably get more responses by posting your question in the appropriate forum. This forum is to report on bugs and to suggest improvements for the next patch. I would suggest asking in the general CW2 forum by starting your own thread with a relevant title.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

W.Barksdale wrote:Kindly see the attached. I direct your attention to the region of Beaumont TX. Partisan raid ordered and is successful the following turn. However, federal depot remains intact. I conclude the decision card is not working as intended.

[ATTACH]33024[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]33023[/ATTACH]

Bumping this so the issue doesn't get lost.

PhilThib

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:56 am

There are issues here, which are DB related (so you can even 'tweak' the files yourself), on the razelevel value of the structures, they can be razed from any size, whereas we wanted them NOT to be razed at all (because they can't be repaired or rebuilt)

Issues will be solved in the next patch.

As for the RR, no idea why they are not destroyed by raiders.

Pocus

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:04 pm

W.Barksdale wrote:Kindly see the attached. I direct your attention to the region of Beaumont TX. Partisan raid ordered and is successful the following turn. However, federal depot remains intact. I conclude the decision card is not working as intended.

[ATTACH]33024[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]33023[/ATTACH]

I checked your turn and burned the depot by removing the tests on presence of units. What is weird is that you got a success message whereas I believe you failed on theses tests. Practically, the script is working when it fires, but you got a false message.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Pocus wrote:I checked your turn and burned the depot by removing the tests on presence of units. What is weird is that you got a success message whereas I believe you failed on theses tests. Practically, the script is working when it fires, but you got a false message.

I suppose it's a simple fix in any case. Thanks for taking a look!

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Here's another one. Successful partisan raid at Lake, TN (Island no.10) and yet the depot remains. Please see the attached.

Has this been fixed in RC9???

[ATTACH]33092[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]33091[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Backup1.zip
(580.05 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
1861 April Campaign.zip
(359.76 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:55 pm

The next turn I tried it again. It worked, got the correct message, and successfully burned the depot.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:25 am

PhilThib wrote:As for the RR, no idea why they are not destroyed by raiders.

Should have mentioned this earlier- once the weather cleared up, Quantrill and his Raiders were once again destroying rail.

Pocus

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:05 am

Yes RC9 should get the fix on depot destruction.

Return to “Help improve CW2”