Smitzer52
Sergeant

CW II 1.05RC4 Desktop Crash

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:30 pm

So I am a new owner of CWII and I played around today, game started to crash when I loaded Eastern theatre long scenario, I tried getting new beta patch. And even tried the exe. fix posted in help forum. Still happens. Basically when a load a game 1st turn goes well and then 2nd turn it crashes (screenshot). Sometimes when I load a new game it holds on for 2 turns then crashes. I found a workaround on EAW forum to save and load in game then the turn resolves. But still it´s tiresome. Battle scenarios and tutorial suprisingly doesnt crash, only bigger scenarios.

Atteched rar.file with saves.

[ATTACH]32850[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]32849[/ATTACH]
Attachments
CW2.rar
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
Cw ii crash.jpg

Wonko
Private

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:38 pm

That looks and sounds a lot like the crashes I've been getting. Which RC beta patch are you running?

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:07 am

Wonko wrote:That looks and sounds a lot like the crashes I've been getting. Which RC beta patch are you running?

RC4, the one from january. Plus the CWII exe. file in help section. I don´t know how you but for me the crash is very regular, if I reload it usually occurs 3rd turn. Otherwise 2nd turn.

Durk

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:05 am

Try this, it has helped some players on Windows 7 or 8. Make sure to start the game as an administrator. That makes certain that all sub-routines have permission.

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:44 am

Durk wrote:Try this, it has helped some players on Windows 7 or 8. Make sure to start the game as an administrator. That makes certain that all sub-routines have permission.

Tried that, happens still. I am convinced mistake is somewere on my side but I can´t find it up, I tweaked system and graphic in-game settings but no effect, I´ll try reinstall on steam and go back to 1.04 although it crashed with it as well albait less often. I had the same problem with EAW but there I contributed it to turn resolution time and laggynes. But CWII runs very fast (turn resolution 20-30 seconds).

Open to ideas here(seriously anything).

Pocus

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:09 am

Hi,

This might be my fault, probably even, there is a lingering bug I try to trace and kill, for that I need people running latest quickfix and sending me their log asap they get a crash (well, exit the game, then save your MainLog). You can also switch to error debugging more, this can help (in the Options Window, System Tab).
You can find your mainlog there:

C:\<your user name>\Admin\Documents\My Games\AGE\CW2\Logs

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Public beta patches can have recurring bugs, that's a fact! :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:45 am

Pocus wrote:Hi,

This might be my fault, probably even, there is a lingering bug I try to trace and kill, for that I need people running latest quickfix and sending me their log asap they get a crash (well, exit the game, then save your MainLog). You can also switch to error debugging more, this can help (in the Options Window, System Tab).
You can find your mainlog there:

C:\<your user name>\Admin\Documents\My Games\AGE\CW2\Logs

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Public beta patches can have recurring bugs, that's a fact! :)

Ok I´ll do that in a new scenario, now I am back in 1.04 and this bug is gonne (atlest so far in a few first turns), but ofcourse 1.04 has problem of it´s own so I´ll go back to 1.05 RC4 and try to replicate it and send you a log.

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Ok so I replicated the result. Patch 1.05RC4 and started Civil war 1861 early scenario as CSA, first turn ok, second immediate crash as before. Crash Log and save is in the rar., previous log and save is in the first post attachment.

[ATTACH]32852[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]32853[/ATTACH]

Now I am positive that 1.05rc4 does this, run few turns with 1.04 and turn processed ok. And debug mod was on.
Attachments
CW2.rar
(980.52 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
cw ii csa crash.jpg

Pocus

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm not certain here, your bug is possibly about a memory issue. Can you try reducing the memory usage by going into the Options Window, System tab. Check 'Memory Usage' to minimum and see if that's better. The message in the log is weird as the latest quickfix should not generate this error, so perhaps you did not apply it though?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Yeah the memory tweak to 25%+1.05rc4+ exe. fix did it. So far no crashes(6 turns+), thank you now I can go fight the Union properly.

Pocus

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 am

ok good to know. If anybody else gets the problem, please open a new thread and be sure to be in latest release candidate with latest quick fix.

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 am

Ok, sorry to be a downer. But the crash is back :( .

As CSA I played 6 turns and it went ok, then started this morning to continue playing. 2nd turn crash again the same way. The only anomaly is that when I booted the game I got a CTD when loading, but trying again it booted then 2nd turn "usual" crash.

I´ll try to replicate it and post screenshot. I thought it was related to the exe. (booting crash)

Pocus

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:43 pm

more than a screenshot of the error message what is important is exiting the game upon crash then saving the logs and the current turn, in a zip or two :)

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Pocus wrote:more than a screenshot of the error message what is important is exiting the game upon crash then saving the logs and the current turn, in a zip or two :)

sorry, false alarm actually. :) It only crashed because of I reverted to the default system options by mistake. I turn it back and again severak turns in a row no problem.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Running 1.05RC4 update fix version on Win 8.1; 16 gig memory; 4 gig gpu memory; April 61 campaign game as CSA, and encountered multiple messages regarding a missing popup, which upon clicking several times, then resulted in the stalling message. Reduced memory usage per a suggestion in another thread; running as Administrator.

Here is the compressed save, script and log rar.
Attachments
Saves.rar
(769.42 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

Pocus

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Regarding the crash, there is a later quickfix that you can find here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38700-Still-getting-end-of-turn-crash-with-RC4&p=340339&viewfull=1#post340339

With a more precise message for us, to help pinpoint the issue.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Pocus wrote:Regarding the crash, there is a later quickfix that you can find here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38700-Still-getting-end-of-turn-crash-with-RC4&p=340339&viewfull=1#post340339

With a more precise message for us, to help pinpoint the issue.

Using the version that you listed. I'll try and take a screen shot of the messages next time.

Additionally, after one of these crashes, a reload works fine.

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”