Gray Ghost
Private

A little help, please. Multiple subdirectories!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:36 pm

I have three Civil War II sub directories in my file tree.

1. C:Games>Civil War II>Autoplay
CW2
Docs
Uninstall

This is the most populated sub directory but has no saves directory or any saves (see below)

2. C:>My Games
Civil War II
CW2
Logs
Saves (dir is empty)
Scripts

There are no files in any of the sub directories.

3. C:>documents & settings>(my name)>my docs>games>civil war II>cw 2
Docs
Saves
Scripts

This is where all my saved games are.

Is this correct? I have loaded the beta patch but would like to have this right before adding the new patch. I have had several crashes. Two with messages, one crash to menu screen which I could never get past.

Please advise what action I should take, if any. Thank you in advance for your time and interest!

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Gray Ghost

Civil War II sets up the same on my computer, with the saves in documents\ my games \Civil War II. it's probably correct but I have had no crashes thus far.

I really don't like it as all other Ageod games I own are in c:\Ageod\ and the saves end up there nice and organized. I hope someone can help you with the crashes but the set up looks similar to my setup.

All the best!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am

You can revert to the previous scheme by deleting userpath.ini in the same directory as CW2.EXE.

I suggest you delete both saves directory, then launch the game and see what it creates, the location will also be displayed in the Options window, main menu.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”