Searry
Colonel

Very odd graphical glitch

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:24 pm

So I moved Polk to Crittendon to get in the command radius of the Missouri army to get the corps for the force in Kentucky. When the next turn was resolved, I noticed Polk had vanished so I went through the log but found no notice of him dying. In WIA generals can die from frostbite so I thought this was the case here. So because I didn't fid him from the log, I pressed F1 and found him there. No graphic for him on the map though. Very odd glitch.
Save and main log attached.
EDIT: This is in the newest version.
Attachments
glitch.zip
(352.71 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Captain_Orso

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:19 pm

This is the side-affect of leaders having their detection rating lowered to 0 so they cannot be used as scouts; leaders can detect nothing basically.

Since you have no detection in Crittendon you cannot see Polk. Once you move him into a region where you have a detection value of >=0 --highlighted regions-- he will appear on the map again.

Searry
Colonel

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:This is the side-affect of leaders having their detection rating lowered to 0 so they cannot be used as scouts; leaders can detect nothing basically.

Since you have no detection in Crittendon you cannot see Polk. Once you move him into a region where you have a detection value of >=0 --highlighted regions-- he will appear on the map again.

Seems like an odd design decision. maybe give them 0.1 detection?

DrPostman

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Searry wrote:Seems like an odd design decision. maybe give them 0.1 detection?

Since it happens rarely I'd rather not mess with it. During beta testing I was
one of those who discovered that leaders made excellent spies, going anywhere
they want to. That had to stop.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Captain_Orso

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:28 am

It was basically a quick-fix to the issue. I imagine since it's a rare occurrence Pocus hasn't given it a very high priority on his list of things to fix.

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”