caranorn

error with abilities

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:10 pm

I reverted all abilities, related alias and string fiies back to the original ones. Yet I cannot get rid of this error, which I assume is not just graphical.

I tried to copy an ability and create and altered one (CP -3 instead of -2). This seemed to mess up other ability graphics, but not their effect (unless possibly the level). After noticing this would not work I removed the ability and its entry in the strings, also from the leader model using it. Still wouldn't work and now the ability graphics were not only glitched but their effects unless it's only the string affected.

Anyone know what might cause this. I was sure I had reverted everything relevant to this edit.
Attachments
screenshot error.png
screenshot error.png (222 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

caranorn

Re: error with abilities

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Hmm. I wonder whether there isn't something wrong with the abilities database .xls file.

I deleted the entire game data folder and copied the original backup into that folder. Then I saved my models, units and abilities files as csv, split them, delete the destination files and copied these into the relevant folders, also a copy of the alias files into that folder. Despite that I still had the above error with abilities in game.

I then deleted the content of the abilities folder plus it's alias, saved a csv file from the original abilities .xls file and split that, then the usual deletion of content in the abilities folder followed by copy paste, also copy into aliases. And I still had the error.

Only after replacing the abilities plus alias from the original backup but leaving my modded models and units files did I get abilities correctly displayed in the game.

In the image McPherson who was my attempt as a brigade commander, not yet using Pocus' way around to deactivate division command by making him a combat element instead of leader. To be safe I reverted all his changes in ability, but this is a leader who should normally promote to 1* (my 2x) (that means he has two 1* models, the first promoting to the second and only that one to 2*) as he is a good example of a general who should not have early division command (he was not of the line, that is infantry, cavalry or artillery, there for did not rank above a like graded general of the line, it was only later that he got appointments to line commands) but whose inclusion as an engineer is justified. My idea for brigade commanders is still in rough testing what can be done, it might not at all be viable in the end.
Attachments
screenshot error 2.png
screenshot error 2.png (3.07 MiB) Viewed 2606 times

Return to “CW2 Mods”