grimjaw
General

Possible to change rate of certain calculations?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "no", but here goes.

I am still working on a 7-day turns mod for CW2: 48 turns/year instead of 24. I think I can probably work out or fudge the issues I'm having with war/general supply, ammunition, money and conscripts. However, there are certain calculations performed per turn, and in many cases the numbers used for these calculations are already at their lowest integer values. Since I can't halve the values, the other possibility would be to halve the rate at which the calculations are performed. I know I'm making some wild assumptions here, like the rate of calculations for region loyalty or military control are set according to a rate or (very doubtfully) a turn index. But I'm pretty much at the end of what I can do outside of that.

I know that modifying the rate for these calculations could be easily abused, which is another reason I doubt it's available to the end-user. But I thought I'd ask before throwing my hands up in despair.

Numerous calculations are adversely affected by a turn-rate switch. Among them are:

national morale
victory points
loyalty
military control
foreign entry value

Any help is appreciated, even an official "no." Much thanks for your continued support of the game.

jm

Pocus

Re: Possible to change rate of certain calculations?

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:07 am

All these are done every turn sorry. But you can tweak values further. For example loyalty change is influenced by the Police value of units, and MC change by the patrol values.

VP and NM... in battles by the VP worth of units. Outside, it is a 'relative value' anyway, what is important is how much the other has, so in absolute 5000 or 10.000 can be worth the same...

FE: I'm sure you can come with something, like periodically firing an event changing it a bit toward neutrality. Like every 6 turns, add +1 if negative or add -1 if positive.

grimjaw
General

Re: Possible to change rate of certain calculations?

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:49 pm

Thanks Pocus. I figured that was the answer. Then I have another question.

I have been experimenting with faction modifiers to change rates for elements.

First, I'm not sure I'm actually using the relevant command correctly. (AddFacModifiers) I couldn't find the command syntax on the wiki but I found examples on the forum and I think I'm applying them correctly.

As you know, with a turn rate increase money, conscripts and war supplies, among other things, are produced at increased rates. Since I can't lower the rates of production by *exactly* half, I double the cost of the elements instead. Instead of editing hundreds of model files, I was trying to use a faction modifier to increase the costs of elements. This works for money, but so far as I know there's not an appropriate variable for conscript and war supplies element costs. I've examined all the faction modifier variables in the aliases directory. Also, I can make police and patrol value changes with faction modifiers, but only in absolute (point) values, not relative (percentage) values. That is, unless there's a variable available that isn't listed for CW2.

Return to “CW2 Mods”