Matt68046
Corporal

Simple Allow Army Mods

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Just tweaked a few things in the settings so that leaders are more powerful, and you are able to have up to 80 command points in a stack, instead of 20
This allows you to basically stack all your eggs in one basket, and form a proper army instead of having a mess of corps randomly floating around the map.
Not sure about if it affects the AI, but from what I can tell, the AI makes bigger stacks too.
Attachments
GameLogic.rar
(9.39 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

Matt68046
Corporal

Re: Simple Allow Army Mods

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:56 pm

There is still somewhat of a penalty, 30%, and you cant just have like 20 brigades in a one star general stack, but for me this makes it more realistic by not having such a HUGE penalty for leadership.
More fun too, finally I can have a 65,000 man Army of Northern Virginia and not be forced to merge and divide corps all over the place (was annoying, and they didn't work together as they are suppose too)
Its fun.

grimjaw
General

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Below are the changes I can find. Gamelogic.opt.orig is the unmodified version of the file, gamelogic.opt.MOD is your changes.

If I understand things correctly, for lone brigadiers this would mean 8CP (25% penalty on 10CP instead of 50% penalty on 4CP). Combined unit cost isn't altered so it would be possible for a single CSA brigadier and a signal element (9CP) to run one division, one of the 9-element brigades, and one 2-element combined militia-to-line-infantry brigade, with no CP penalty. 28 game combat regiments in three combined units: one division and two brigades. Granted that stack might not fight as well as a corps stack might, but still ...

Comparing files GameLogic.opt.orig and GAMELOGIC.OPT.MOD
***** GameLogic.opt.orig
ldrCommandMaximaRank1 = 4 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 1 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank2 = 8 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 2 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank3 = 12 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 3 leader
ldrCommandCap = 16 // base CP cap to a stack

***** GAMELOGIC.OPT.MOD
ldrCommandMaximaRank1 = 10 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 1 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank2 = 16 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 2 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank3 = 24 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 3 leader
ldrCommandCap = 80 // base CP cap to a stack

***** GameLogic.opt.orig
ldrMaxStackCmdPenalty = 35 // max command penalty for stacks (means a 100-x efficiency)
ldrOutOfChainCmdCoeff = 50 // coefficient to CP accrued if not in the chain of command, in %

***** GAMELOGIC.OPT.MOD
ldrMaxStackCmdPenalty = 30 // max command penalty for stacks (means a 100-x efficiency)
ldrOutOfChainCmdCoeff = 25 // coefficient to CP accrued if not in the chain of command, in %

tribeticus
Captain

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:42 pm

this is an interesting change to the game. Although in the war it was common for a Corps to operate semi-independently in the same basic region as the main army, I like the idea of being able to put them all together as well.

tribeticus
Captain

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:52 pm

After playing with this mod idea in the game, I guess my main issue would be having such a high commander CP in the beginning of the war. If you make these changes then you can combine all the union elements to McDowell early on and there is no way he has all those commanders and units with a max CP of 80.

LAter in the game, I think the CP's should go up for more for both sides, depending on strategic rating.

Matt68046
Corporal

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks for your interest.
It was just an idea, to make the game more fun and less constricting, especially early on and for Multiplayer.
Im just not a fan of Moving around corps independately, and doing this editing makes it easier and more fun straightaway especially for new players.
Part of the problem with the AI in this game is that the AI will send one corps at a time from 5 or more diffrent directions, especially in virginia. That is not really historically accurate. Wish i could figure out how to tweak the AI to send full army stacks once in awhile, rather than keep up constant pressure by rotating 2 corps sized stacks throwing one after another into the fray if you play as CSA

tribeticus
Captain

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 pm

That is a really good point, I'd say that is the main issue I have with the game, is the strategic piecemealing of the armies by the AI. For some reason with me I never get to fight against Lee with him having a strong army, and it drives me a little batty. I don;t have the patience for PBEM but maybe its time. The best games seem to be against a human opponent.

Return to “CW2 Mods”