jbm
Civilian

Questions about UI information display

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi,

I've been playing CWII for a while now, and love it. however, one of my principal frustrations is that I can't click on an area and get a quick at-a-glance raw strength of my entire force there. I know the system defaults to the combat power display, but I would like to see troop totals instead of combat power. Same when I hover over enemy units with the mouse - I would much prefer to see the troop totals rather than the power level. Is there a way to accomplish this? I think the raw troop totals gives more of an authentic feel to the map. Basically I would like to be able to glance at the map, see that PT Beauregard has about 25,000 men in Manassas, instead of seeing Beauregard with 800 combat power or whatever. Maybe the combat power could be revealed after the enemy is scouted better?

grimjaw
General

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:19 am

I also wanted to make a change to the tooltip display, so I dug around in the files to see what I could see. I *think* the two files that deal with the tooltip are GUITooltip.dfm and GUITooltip.pas. But I also think some of the function is in the code and not in the files you can edit, probably because it would be too easy to abuse it by modding the tooltip to give you information on the enemy player.

Return to “CW2 Mods”