Geohff
Corporal

Want someone to MOD Fixed Units.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 pm

I know nothing about Modding, I would like someone to make the following Mod for the full April Campaign. After 1863 both Union and Confederate should be able to call Garrison Troops for their emergency needs. Grant called them for the replacement of losses during his campaign against Lee. I know of no specific call by the Confederates but when losses for them late in the War gets critical it makes sense Lee would have called them, especially against Sherman when they needed anything to throw in front of him. I would also like the ability to delete Garrison Troops to save resources especially as the Confederates. A second version might just make all Garrison Troops unlocked altogether for use or deletion, this would not include Artillery of course, perhaps include a penalty for their call to their States to make it more reasonable they would not be called unless the need was great. Opinions welcomed.

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:59 pm

The length of time a garrison is locked is controlled by the number after "FixType" in the files, "1861 April Campaign" and "*SA Events". For instance, the DC forces that Grant calls up are FixType = 60, so they become unfixed after 60 turns (=30 months). If you want, you can play with these files yourself, although make sure you make a backup of your files before you do.

jaycom
Civilian

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:09 am

I have unfixed field units but I want to unfix Fort/coastal/river artillery- garrison units or move the units to another fort in setup before the game starts.
Can't find *SA Events
Help is appreciated.

Geohff
Corporal

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Ok I tinkered with files in the very latest version of the game on a Windows 7 system. It took me awhile to figure it all out but here is what finally ended up working for me.

1) In Games/Civil War II/CW2/Events I found the file (1861 April Campaign) By doing a replace all FixType = 999 to Fixtype = 1 all fixed units which appear by script will be fixed for 1 turn. I choose 1 turn rather than none. Should you choose no turns make FixType = 999 to Fixtype = 0.

2) Next in the same file you must search for FixType = and one at a time you will find units fixed for different periods of time than permanent, such as units in California or other places. They normally have turn holds on them from 3 to 5 turns, but some have long holds. You must change all of these one at a time such as FixType = 3 to FixType = 1, FixType = 60 to FixType = 1 and so on. Again use 0 instead of 1 if you want them unfixed from start.

3) Now in folder Games/Civil War II/CW2/Scripts you must do the same as step 2 with the files (Script) and (ScriptApril61).

4) Now in folder Games/Civil War II/CW2/Scens find the file (1861 April Campaign). In this one you do a replace all for every 999 to 1. This is the Garrison Troops, Garrison Artillery and Ships in California that start fixed. Again if you desire to have them unfixed at once use 0 instead of 1. Note this file has lots of 999 separated by /999/999/999/ as well as those following the FixType =, you must change every one. I just did a complete file replace command of replace 999 with 1. Again if you desire to have them unfixed at once use 0 instead of 1.

EDIT: Had to go back and edit more files in Games/Civil War II/CW2/Events such as (Balances, USA Leaders, CSA Leaders, Various Events, USA Events and CSA Events). I hope that's all of them but you may want to edit others as I might if things continue to come up locked.

Enjoy!

Return to “CW2 Mods”