Deca
Corporal

Question - Republican Mixed Brigades/Popular Army

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:37 am

The manual states page 165:

26. THE MIXED BRIGADES

The Republican player has the choice beginning in October 1936 of buying the option of creating the Popular Army. This
option fires the creation of several mixed brigades. These begin as empty brigades with just one transmission battalion
inside but can be strengthened with up to 4 militia battalions of your choice. You just need to have the mixed brigade in the same region of the battalions you want to add to it, select the brigade and the battalion with the ctrl key pressed and add it with the’plus’ icon.

There are two types of Mixed Brigades, first one formed with militia battalions (via option), second one created with
the Regional Decision (RGD) ‘Mixed Brigade’ and formed with regular infantry battalions. You can also create militia Mixed
Brigades with a ‘Militia Mixed Brigade’ RGD.

Leibst also has a Sticky on them as well on the forum:
You can feed them with militia replacements or merge with them militia battalions already in the map.
In this way you will have a unit of 4 command points cost but with 4 infantry battalions inside.

So the Republican player uses the option of creating the Popular Army
This option initiates the creation of several mixed brigades
Each of these mixed brigades begin as empty brigades with just one transmission battalion
That to me sounds like it contains only a single element (the transmission battalion), right?
It states that with the mixed brigade (containing the transmission battalion) we can add an additional 4 militia battalions of our choice

It is that last part that i wanted to get additional clarification so that when i try that in the middle of the campaign.

Can somebody try to elucidate on that last step/steps to add in the militia battalions?
Will those 4 battalions automatically form over time from my replacements pool?
or
Do i need to take another unit & merge them?
or
what? both?

Durk

Re: Question - Republican Mixed Brigades/Popular Army

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:15 am

Or both. Have replacement on hand works. Merging also works.

Return to “España 1936”