LoyalSoldier
Conscript

Queries on the game rules

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:18 pm

I have recently bought España 1936. I have started a campaign as the Nationalists. I have some queries about the manual and patches.

Command points
I am a little confused about the command points available.

In section 6.1.1 of the manual, it says that a 2-star general contributes 12 CPs to a force.

In section 5.7, it says the following: "For example, a two star general in a corps in the attachment radius of its parent army provides 8 CPs. This same leader, if in an independent force, would provide only 4 CPs"

In 6.1.1, it says that a 3-star general provides 24 CPs to a force.

But in 5.1.1, it says the following: "For example, a three star general can command a corps consisting of any number of units up to 9 CPs without penalty."

My question, why are the stated limits different?
Why does a 2-star general have 12 CPs in 6.1.1 and only 8 in 5.7? Where does this 8 CP limit come from?
Why does a 3-star general have 24 CPs in 6.1.1, but only 9 in 5.1.1? Where does this 9CP limit come from?

The manual does not explain why the these different limits apply and in what circumstances they apply. Please could someone clarify the differences.

Divisions
I am unable to create any divisions for the nationalist at the beginning of the campaign. Is this an option that becomes available later in the game?

Patches
I downloaded the game from the site last week. Does this include all the patches? Or do I have to download them separately?

I would be grateful if someone could help.

Thanks.

Durk

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi LoyalSoldier and welcome to the forum.

I understand the confusion. Perhaps I can clarify a bit. The 6.1.1 limits are the limits without being in a command structure, that is an army or subordinate corps. The other limits are the bonus command points for being in a corps which is subordinated to an army. As with divisions, you will be limited in how many armies and corps you can form in the early game.

Divisions cannot be formed in the early part of the Grand Campaign game. This reflects the initial disorganization of both sides. Later you will have some ability to form divisions and then finally all limits are lifted.

It does not included patches. Look here for the latest patch http://ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43333-Latest-Official-Patches-Dernier-patch-publi%E9

LoyalSoldier
Conscript

Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Many thanks for the response.

Does the manual cover the bonus points available for being in a corps? I can't see the section. If so please. indicate where I can see it.

I downloaded the update after starting my first campaign. I assume my current campaign will not include the update.

Since I applied the update, General Mola now appears as a naval unit in a landlocked city. Will I have to restart the campaign to resolve this?

arsan

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Yes, it looks something went wrong... try starting over the campaign.

Regarding command points, ** and *** star leaders have double command points than the standard if they are "in the chain of command" (when they are in command of a corps or and army stack).

Regards!

Stauffenberg
General

Re: Queries on the game rules

Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:24 pm

The patch link given by Durk above does not work--can someone direct me to the latest patch? Thanks.

Nikel

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:03 pm

The last patch is in this thread, note that some problems have been spotted.

viewtopic.php?f=348&p=388482#p388482

If you also need 1.01, can download it here

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Espana19 ... p-v101.zip

Stauffenberg
General

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks. NM problems with v. 1.02 noted, I suppose I will stick with 1.01 for now to see how that shakes out, or...?

Return to “España 1936”