elxaime
General

Nationalist Strategic Bombing Broken?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:59 am

In a PBEM using Steam v. 1.01, I am noticing that every time I use Strategic Bombing as Nationalists, I get weird failure messages. Sometimes it says "The decision air superiority is not valid. Not enough elements in the correct family." When I played it on Madrid, it bizarrely said "Air superiority not valid. No nation have the needed attribute to play this decision."

Every prerequisite in the tool tip seems to be met - and the areas where the RGD is played are marked green and available. Is there something wrong? Thanks in advance for any light on this subject.

BTW - the event message itself also seems wrong, since it refers to air superiority, not strategic bombing (I haven't played an "air superiority" RGD because there is no RGD of that name - the RGD is called Strat Bombing.)

Durk

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:07 am

I do not play within the Steam protocol, but I have never seen this message in play. I cannot recreate this decision rejection. Sorry.

Leibst

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:22 am

I even didnt knew that i can play España using steam.
But i suposse you have the same issues in non steam environment, confirm this please, strategic bombing has been working right from the release of España.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:28 am

I even didnt knew that i can play España using steam.
But i suposse you have the same issues in non steam environment, confirm this please, strategic bombing has been working right from the release of España.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

elxaime
General

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:I even didnt knew that i can play España using steam.

Heh. My bad! It is not Steam version. I have almost every AGEOD game, some are on Steam, I am getting old and confused!

That said, I wonder if this is the problem. Our PBEM game is in March 1937, and when I played the Strat Bomb RGD it now shows a correct message. I think the issue is that the RGD itself appears as a choice, on the decision menu, before the game actually recognizes it as being available. So I think the issue is that the RGD icon availability is wrong for Strat Bomb, the icon should only appear when you can actually use it.

EDIT: nope, that may not be it. I played it again this turn and got the same error message.

Either something is wacky with the script or the tool tip saying what the prerequisites are is wrong.

Has anyone gotten Strategic Bombing to work for the Nationalists?

elxaime
General

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:I even didnt knew that i can play España using steam.

Heh. My bad! It is not Steam version. I have almost every AGEOD game, some are on Steam, I am getting old and confused!

That said, I think I may see the problem. Our PBEM game is in March 1937, and when I played the Strat Bomb RGD it now shows a correct message. I think the issue is that the RGD itself appears as a choice, on the decision menu, before the game actually recognizes it as being available. So I think the issue is that the RGD icon availability is wrong for Strat Bomb, the icon should only appear when you can actually use it.

Durk

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:22 am

I have always had the Strategic Bombing option work for me as the Nationalists. Interesting you get this error message.
I am pretty sure the tool tip is correct.
I am not certain what to suggest. Are you both in the exact same patch?

elxaime
General

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Durk wrote:I have always had the Strategic Bombing option work for me as the Nationalists. Interesting you get this error message.

Yes, I have confirmed we are both using v. 1.01. Strange.

elxaime
General

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Durk wrote:I have always had the Strategic Bombing option work for me as the Nationalists. Interesting you get this error message.

Yes, I have confirmed we are both using v. 1.01. Strange.

elxaime
General

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:52 pm

I found the problem! Apparently there were remnants of an old install that were causing a conflict. I deleted all ESP old files and did a fresh install - and it works fine now!

Thanks for the comments and help though.

Return to “España 1936”