Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Incorrect Message Log entries

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:56 am

Hi

While playing I have received messages saying various units and commanders are active but when I go to the unit it is fixed.

For example: where the message log says Pozas is active (and most of the other units in Madrid) but he is fixed (like most of the units in Madrid) ......you will need to zoom quite a bit to see it clearly

This seems strange to me - is this working as intended??

Also, I may have missed something but in the early game turns as the Republicans fixed units become available only to become fixed again (such as Derrutti) _ should there be a message to explain this ?

regards

Mark[ATTACH]32803[/ATTACH][ATTACH]32804[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Pozas 2.jpg
Pozas.jpg

Leibst

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:09 pm

It's really strange. Could you give a saved game please?
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm

HI Miguel

I was sure I had saved the game in case you needed it - but cannot find it

I have attached[ATTACH]32805[/ATTACH] another save (I hope I have given you what you need)...please have a look at Col.P Martin in Badajoz - message log says active while unit has fixed icon - I have seen this error quite often

regards

Mark
Attachments
SpanishCivilWar2.zip
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 167 times

Durk

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Are you playing with 'hard' activation turned on? That is the activation which locks units. If so, what is happening is the leader is unlocking at the end of turn activation check, but then failing the check at the beginning of the next turn. Leaders actually experience two activation checks.

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi Durk

I am playing with hard activation turned on. I usually play with hard activation on and I do not recall seeing this "issue" before.
I may be misunderstanding something here but I have always seen activation checks and a unit being fixed as different things.
7.1 of the manual states that activation checks happen at the turn beginning so I was expecting hard activation to result in a unit that fails an activation check to have a brown envelope (not become fixed)

regards

Mark

Durk

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:48 am

Hi Mark,

I love playing with hard activation turned on. If you think about the sequence which generates the ledger, the ledger is a report from last turn with the exception of scheduled new game events. This is the report you are getting saying your leader has unlocked, last turn. Because there is a bonus for you leaders who were active last turn on the new turn's activation roll, the ledger report reflects this increased chance. I first used hard activation with WIA where some of the British leaders have a 2 activation. I got very frustrated at seeing they were active in the ledger, and then they would not actually be active, but locked. So I investigated this feature at that time.
So you are correct there is an activation check at the turn's beginning, but that is not the activation roll reported in the ledger.
Being locked and having a brown activation the next turn are only marginally related in that if you are locked you have a higher chance of failing the activation check.

Durk

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:05 am

HI Durk

I appreciate your replies

I understand what you are saying - you probably are correct (and I certainly do not wish to be rude) but I am not convinced that this is the answer - looks like I will need to play around with this a bit

I will save a few turns to make sure what I think is happening actually is happening !
I have had several consecutive turns where the message log says Leader X is active but Leader X is fixed - next turn the message log says Leader X is active but Leader X is still fixed - based on what you explained above I would expect in subsequent turns to see the message log say Leader X is not active

I hope all is good with you

regards

Mark

Durk

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:10 am

Well you should push back and make certain what works for you.

Return to “España 1936”