Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Subfactions in Forcelist

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:16 pm

When I select a subfaction in the forcelist (F1 Ledger), I cannot unselect a subfaction, ie. I can only see the forces of one subfaction at the same time, while the starting situation is that I see all forces.

Or actually, I can unselect the faction, but only by trying to find that invisible pixel that represents the - probably missing - selected faction button.

Related question, why is it no longer possible to see units instead of forces. That view is sometimes useful to find specific units and leaders.

Leibst

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Yes, i knew that issue, i will try to fix it for next patch. I dont undertand the second question, yoy can see units like leaders.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:I dont undertand the second question, yoy can see units like leaders.

In some older games you can switch between Forces and Units in the F1 screen.

That way you can locate all leaders very easily from the ledger.

I was searching for my 2 and 3 star leaders in order to consider my future army structure, but in the Forces display you see only force leaders, so if a 2 star leader is stacked with a 3 star leader you have to navigate through all forces to find him.

But maybe the choice is there and I cannot find it?

And can you give a some information about the number of armies allowed, and when the formation of divisions will be allowed?

Leibst

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 pm

You can create armies in mid December and some divisions (5 armies and 5 divs with the nationalists). Later you can make lots of divisions. For the republicans is very similar.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:You can create armies in mid December and some divisions (5 armies and 5 divs with the nationalists). Later you can make lots of divisions. For the republicans is very similar.

Hmm, I can create one army in the North on turn one with my only 3 star general. I created several corps in the North.

Then when Franco is released, I dissolved that army, recreated the army with Franco - without dissolving the other army Franco wouldn't form an army - created corps in the South, transferred Franco to the North, and recreated the Northern corps. So the Nationalists can create a single army from the start.

I think the command situation for the Nationalists is not too bad. They have enough generals from the start to keep most of their forces in command, but the in the area outside the army range the officers are often passive (no army bonus) so I mostly relied on troops without general in offensive mode to gain military control in a corridor connecting North and South.

I am in September now, and I have consolidated a bit, put up a defence near Madrid and at Zaragossa, but from Bilbao the Republicans are beating my line. I think I will send some Southern troops by train up North now to strengthen the Northern front and start conquering some factories.

[ATTACH]25944[/ATTACH]

In Andalusia the Republicans destroyed a lot of rail lines. I wonder when I will be able to repair them. They are not too critical though, because the long North South connection is intact.

I was wondering why my forces never finished their plotted turns, until I discovered that turns were only 7 days, not two weeks :-)
Attachments
September.jpg

captain14
Sergeant

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:45 am

Faction Arrivals and Subfactions.

The current arrival areas of the Italians and the International Brigades is just bizzare. The Interationals should arrive by port or at the French border NOT at some random location in the centre of Spain.
Similarly the Italians should arrive at a "non-blockaded" Nationalist port.
Without proper arrival points the grand strategy of both players (I only play PBEM) is ahistorically altered. This is a compulsory fix I believe for credibility purposes.

Secondly ok we have Basque unite and rep pools but what of the other Gobinitos ? Asturia and Santander should also have separate units and rep pools, yes? When I played the highly successful Europa " No Pasaran" this was the case. Also where are the Catalan units and rep pools? Also POUM units and rep pools?

Both sides had political command issues Carlists vs Falange etc. We don't need idiot rules to get the complexity and frustration historically right, by simply creating the right units and re pools would naturally create the occurance of these historical frustrations. Obviously stacking needs to be looked at in regards of who can stack with who or penalties for mixed faction stacks.

Return to “España 1936”