Templer
General

España 1936 - U-Boot Undertaking

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:23 pm

España 1936 - German U-Boot undertaking

How is Operation Ursula modeled in España 1936?

Operation Ursula

Operation Ursula (named after the daughter of Karl Dönitz) saw a group of German U-boats active around the waters near Spain against the Spanish Republican Navy, under the overall command of Hermann Boehm (Konteradmiral since 1934, and Vizeadmiral since April 1st 1937) in Berlin.

It began on 20 November 1936, with the movement of the U-33 and U-34 from Wilhelmshaven. Any identification marks were obscured, and the whole mission was kept secret.

They entered the Mediterranean on the night of 27–28 November, taking over from Italian submarine patrols. If damaged, they were to sail to La Maddelena, and enter under an Italian ensign.

U-33 operated around Alicante, and U-34 around Cartagena.
Difficulties in identifying legitimate targets and concerns about discovery limited their operations.
The torpedoes they used also often malfunctioned. During their return to Wilhelmshaven in December, the Spanish Republican submarine C-3 was sunk; the Germans claimed this was due to a torpedo fired from U-34, although the Republicans' enquiry claimed its loss was due to an internal explosion. Their return marked the official end of Operation Ursula.

However, it does seem that further submarines were sent in mid-1937, but details of the operation are not known; six (U-25, U-26, U-27, U-28, U-31 and U-35) are believed to have been involved. Five submarine commanders received the Spanish Cross in Bronze without Swords in 1939.
Greetings
Templer

bob.
General

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:44 pm

It's a regional decision that has a 15 % chance of damaging a ship inside that region.

No offense but you have opened 6 threads now about the game that could very easily be answered if you just take a look inside the game... don't you think that you are this interested in the game should be enough to just buy it? :D

It's always good to be critical, but this is a great game and if you like any other AGEOD games you can't go wrong.
If you are scared because there are not that many positive posts in the forum, from my experience if a game is really bad or just mediocre, then you will definitely find LOTS of "this game is terrible" posts :thumbsup:

Templer
General

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Yeah, right - I have started at least 6 threads. So what?

• Questions are not only for an individual person. It could be that other interested parties have similar questions and then can read some answers. That’s a part of a forum I thought previously.
  • For each question, a separate thread. It he could be the need for discussion to the topic.

And how should I now do not feel attacked?
This is not the first answer in the Espana 1936 forum, gives me the feeling some want to tell me to say "buy now the game or do not buy it! But stop pester us with your stupid questions!".
Probably you expect now an apology from me for beeing active in this ‘dead’ forum?

Maybe you shouldn’t buy España 1936 when you must be afraid to ask questions.
Fine, Civil War II is great! So I don't need more AGEOD games.
And I'm wasn’t critical for the game not here in the forum - just curious.

Bob. this is not against you alone. As I said, it is not the first post that gives me the feeling I am not welcome here in this España 1936 forum.
Greetings

Templer

Carnium

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Templer wrote:Yeah, right - I have started at least 6 threads. So what?
Bob. this is not against you alone. As I said, it is not the first post that gives me the feeling I am not welcome here in this España 1936 forum.

That is not exactly the case Herr Templer, but you tend to ignore replies from people who try to help you and instead you open new threads.
And you are wrong... you are very welcome here as is everybody else!
Sooo.... see you in another thread later today? :coeurs:

Here is the submarine regional decision explained in the manual.
[ATTACH]25284[/ATTACH]
Attachments
SUB.jpg

bob.
General

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Wow, why are you so agressive? I didn't attack you I just said (from my personal experience) - if you are this interested in a game, then it is also worth buying it!

Where did I say anything against you opening threads? You see a hostile reply where I was really just giving you my opinion.

Leibst

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't see any post attacking you Templer. For me is interesting that you make different questions, and in different threads as you has done is clear to follow each.
CWII sure is a great game. :) and you are welcome here as any other forumer. :cool:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

PJJ
Captain

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 pm

It seems to me you are being too sensitive, Templer. Nobody is attacking you here. :)

I can only recommend this game. And you won't find a better computer simulation about the Spanish Civil War anywhere else. So if you are interested in the era, give the game a try. It's cheaper than most strategy games and if you have any experience from previous AGEOD titles, you can't go wrong with this one. I also have a feeling the developer wants to do his best to keep improving the game further, and every new purchase helps to keep the development process alive.

This is just my opinion, but I feel that if we want to see wargames being made about other topics than the Normany Invasion or the Battle of the Bulge or the usual WW2 battles, then we need to show with our money that we're interested in supporting this kind of work.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 pm

PJJ wrote: And you won't find a better computer simulation about the Spanish Civil War anywhere else.

In fact, I believe the only games including the SCW is Panzer General II and the Hearts of Iron-series of games, and none of them with the possible exception of HoI3, is anywhere near the depth of this game.

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:11 am

No, Templer was right in defending himself. He was not attacked, but "exposed" for asking a question.

@bob.
If you don't understand, google "passive aggressive", and stop thinking you will get away with that in the future. Whenever I see someone start a rant with "No offense, but .." and then claim that it was not a rant, I could hit my monitor.

Return to “España 1936”