smokediver
Conscript

Nationalists - Victory in 13 turns

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:11 pm

I managed to win the GC on normal difficulty on turn 13 with the Nationalists by taking Madrid . The Republican's main army under Miaja was chasing my rear guard in Burgos while leaving only a recon plane in the capital. So I wonder whether the AI prioritzes holding Madrid enough since its loss ist so devastating for the Republicans. In my opinion the african troops are very cheap in EP considering their value in combat.

I thought about making this an AAR, but i decided it would have been to short ;-) Next time I'll try out the Republicans.

[ATTACH]25102[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Victory NAT (Large).jpg

Leibst

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:21 pm

welcome to the forums smokediver. I'm working to improve Athena's strategy, specially with the Republicans.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Highlandcharge

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi Smokediver, although Athena is good, the real game starts when you start a pbem game ;)

smokediver
Conscript

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 pm

I know the AI can never be as good as a human player can be. I was just surprised to find Madrid open for invasion. As far as my knowledge about the SCW goes, the city was stubbornly defended by the Republicans. Please consider my remark as constructive critisism. I really like the game. As proposed i just startet as the Republicans on hard difficulty...

kongxinga
Private

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I must say good work. In my games Madrid sometimes seems open, but I never can get a clear picture due to FOW. I will have to try pushing more earlier, especially since I have issues progressing past turn 40.

Leibst

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:19 pm

kongxinga wrote:I must say good work. In my games Madrid sometimes seems open, but I never can get a clear picture due to FOW. I will have to try pushing more earlier, especially since I have issues progressing past turn 40.

i think you're issues are fixed with the file of the Regional Decisions here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32574-Bug-Reporting-in-english&p=292736#post292736
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

kongxinga
Private

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 am

Leibstandarte wrote:i think you're issues are fixed with the file of the Regional Decisions here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32574-Bug-Reporting-in-english&p=292736#post292736

RGD bug fixed, thank you. Finally won my game in Summer 1937.

I continued playing to see the events. Eventually I nailed Durruty's stack hiding in the mountains, and captured a "Durruty" unit, which was Durruty's face on an empty unit of 4 arty elements. Strange.

Anyone have good republican strategies? I might give that a go.

Do units promote from militia (requetes, milicias) to regulars?

I bought Italian destroyers, none arrived, Italians cheated me.

As nationalists I had big problems with War Supply. There is no way to get more easily until I took the Republican's factories. Can they get factory events too?

As nats I also disliked that I could not recruit artillery, and must rely on the very rare event of german or italian arty. Those arty are all you get for the game unless you capture some.
The only way of getting more arty was to build a HQ unit, which comes with a HQ element and light arty.

Also there seems to be some strangness with mountain troops. Sometimes I can recruit them, then the next turn they are gone as an option, and the next turn they are back. Very wierd.

Nationalists get no ships until the very end where you can repair a cruiser, so what you have at the start is what you get. I remember in RUS you could spam some river destroyers, would at least wanted a boat option. Took me a long time to manage an amphibious landing with the meagre navy I had, even though mainland spain was all Nationalist.

Leibst

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:27 am

Hi kongxinga
- Do you have a saved game with that strange Durruti unit?
- Nationalist militia doesnt promote.
- I will check the italian destroyers option, in beta it worked fine.
- Regarding the WS. That is my intention. Same for Artillery, CTV have lot of artillery and is very usual to capture something. Republicans have a real problem with artillery.
- Explain a bit more what happens with mountain troops please or give me a saved game.
- The navy is as it was. In the entire war the Nationalist made no disembark.
HQ website

Return to “España 1936”