Carnium

For the Espana owners - first impression of the game?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 pm

so...how do you like the game?
We are eagerly awaiting your comments and hope that you are enjoying it as much as Miguel enjoyed making it :thumbsup:

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm

looks great but a lot of messages to sort through in a small menu also the size of the text is a bit small.

I cant buy any replacements despite having the resources, the first turn I could buy replacements but on turn 2 and 3 I can't buy anything. what am I missing?
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Carnium

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Could you please zip/rar and post your saves located at \Espana 1936\SCW\Saves

bob.
General

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Talking about saves, there are 6 saves already in my game folder, are they intended to be there?

EDIT: Also, I have no buttons for the ledger in the top left.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 pm

here you go.
Attachments
cant buy replacements.rar
(317.46 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Carnium

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:18 pm

bob. wrote:Talking about saves, there are 6 saves already in my game folder, are they intended to be there?

Are they named Backup1, Backup2 etc or SpanishCivilWar0, SpanishCivilWar1 etc ?

Kotik wrote:here you go.

Thanks, master Leibstandarte will take a look.

TheDoctorKing

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:20 pm

bob. wrote:Talking about saves, there are 6 saves already in my game folder, are they intended to be there?

The game saves by default about 12 previous turns in folders labeled "backup1", "backup2" and so forth, under \SCW\Saves. If you hit the end turn button and then realize that you forgot to do something (or if you don't like the outcome of a battle and want to change your orders hahaha) then you can go to the "load game" screen from the main menu, hover over the save game, and hit "home" (I think it is) to restore the previous turn. You can back up as many as 12 turns this way. Sometimes, more legitimately, this is a way to get out of a corrupted save game if you encounter some crashbug without losing all the time you have put into playing the game so far. It saves automatically when you hit the next turn button.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bob.
General

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:21 pm

No, it was FotN0 to FotN4 and SpanishCivilWar0

Carnium

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 pm

bob. wrote:No, it was FotN0 to FotN4 and SpanishCivilWar0

FotN0-04 are the Fall of the North saves. Did you start this scenario a couple of times?
SpanishCivilWar0 is the grand campaign save.

bob.
General

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Nope, just reinstalled as test and they are created by the installer.
Propably just forgot to delete them before building the installer or something :P Not like it's a big deal.

Carnium

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:30 pm

bob. wrote:

Please post a screen shot of it.

bob. wrote:Nope, just reinstalled as test and they are created by the installer.
Propably just forgot to delete them before building the installer or something :P Not like it's a big deal.

Em, yes that is probably the case ;)

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 pm

bob. wrote:Nope, just reinstalled as test and they are created by the installer.

I got the same...

bob.
General

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Carnium wrote:Please post a screen shot of it.

Sure, although there's really not much to see apart from the buttons.. not being there ;)

http://abload.de/img/ledgerr4snj.png

Now I derailed this thread that was meant to post about the actual game.. sorry :bonk:

Will write what I think of the game after I had some real time to play it in the weekend.

Leibst

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Something is working wrong with the replacements, bug reported to Pocus i think this is related with the last exe, during Beta was working properly.
It seems i forgot to remove that saved games! :bonk: the last days before sending the GM were very stressing. Just delete them from the folder.

There is a sticky thread open for bug reporting.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

kongxinga
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:58 am

I like the game, but I don't think there is enough flavour events to bring life to the titanic idealogical struggle. I think there are only a few tracks, none very spanish sounding. No one yelling charge like in PON, no awesome music like in RUS. And no cool events at all. I don't want to read a log to know the condor legion has arrived. Have a pop up with a picture for such a big event, like all the news paper clippings in PON or RUS. More flavour please. Manual has all these neat propaganda posters, but im at the end of 1936, and no pop up events.

Also some bug at the replacement chits screen, I can only buy 1 regular infantry replacement chit, and I buy it by hovering the mouse on the icon from the right???!!!! Hovering from other directions unbuys it? Why can't I click it to increase my purchase?

There is this fat baldy republican general that is giving me the headaches, but I am going to sic Franco on him with the entire african army. I also cannot form divisions, but formed an army with 2 corps. Huh?

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:09 am

Nationalist should be able to create divisions by the end of 1936. There is an event.
Maybe it could be good idea to make some events pop up as you say.
The historical music tracks that i have founded lack of good quality but it is easy for you to add them.

I supose that general is Miaja, the defender of Madrid. :gardavou:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

kongxinga
Private

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 am

Sorry it was Jurado, and he had hair sorry. I was not looking carefully. Tell me a bit about Jurado, because he rocked. The game is very smooth, and will be fun to play in PBEM. I think nationalists are too easy, barely much of a challenge though. All the hordes of Africans and Italians and even Condor legion. And after each fight they get more and more elite.

Not to mention super fast tanks.

For republicans afaik they get a ton of milita which have to survive a while before somehow being upgraded or placed in a mixed brigade. Milita run away fast, often sparking a chain route, then my cav or tanks pursue and kill a lot. They are kinda slow so easily encircled. They might do better if there was winter, and I needed to fight in the forest more, but I am staying on the rail lines for supply.

I met the internacionales, and they were nothing special.

Do Nationalists get viriatos or portugese troops?

bob.
General

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 pm

I haven't played the Republicans yet and thus can't judge but if you play versus the AI you have to remember that it just isn't up to par with a good human player. Especially, in my experience, in judging when to fight with what forces. That may be a main reason why you have the feeling the Republicans are weak.

Templer
General

Misleading Topic Title

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:12 pm

If this this should be the thread to share impressions for España: 1936, then the topic title is chosen very unhappy! :non:

I have yet to read too less impressions for the game.
No review found until now - No game video found.
Not enough information for me to jump in (immediately).

Hey, surely more than five people already purchased España: 1936 and now have something to say about it.

España: 1936 - How is it? Your impressions please?
Greetings
Templer

Carnium

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Topic title changed by your request Mr. Templer aka Groucho Marx fan :thumbsup:
Do you understand Spanish?
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/512/reviews/Espana.1936

I totally love it. If you played RUS, you will feel right at home,
What would you like to know? I can make some screens from the game specially for you ...

I can see that you have already discovered this:
http://ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32101-Espa%F1a-1936-a-beta-AAR

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm

I bought the game and played a few turns.

It looks fantastic.

But I am first finishing the book of Antony Beevor, because I want to get to know the forces and historical events.

Also, I hope when I have finished the book in a few days, a few more bugs are solved.
But of course if everybody is waiting for a path, there will not be enough input for that patch :bonk:

I hope more action is going on in the Spanish section of the forum, and that it will soon flow over towards the English side.

Carnium

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:
But I am first finishing the book of Antony Beevor, because I want to get to know the forces and historical events.

Also, I hope when I have finished the book in a few days, a few more bugs are solved.
But of course if everybody is waiting for a path, there will not be enough input for that patch :bonk:

Great book, I still have 120 pages to read.

Leibstandarte is working hard on the bug fixing and a new patch will arrive soon, with many fixes and improvements!

Templer
General

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Carnium wrote:Topic title changed by your request Mr. Templer aka Groucho Marx fan :thumbsup:
Do you understand Spanish?
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/512/reviews/Espana.1936

I totally love it. If you played RUS, you will feel right at home,
What would you like to know? I can make some screens from the game specially for you ...

I can see that you have already discovered this:
http://ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32101-Espa%F1a-1936-a-beta-AAR

In fact, for me the impressions of the player are an important purchase decision.

Very few impressions to SCW can be found at the moment.
I have also started a thread on the matrix forum and on a German strategy games forum.
Also there the involvement is unfortunately very weak.

I 'm interested in the game.
And because I found no impressions, and because I was bored, I started reading this forum thread for thread (there aren’t many).

So almost by accident I discovered that this thread is meant as a thread to share impression.
How is one to know?
The title is: For the SCW owners.
I'm not a SCW owner - so this thread is not important to me?

I will read the AAR today.
Thank you for your effort.

kongxinga wrote:...but I don't think there is enough flavour events to bring life to the titanic idealogical struggle... only a few tracks, none very spanish sounding... no awesome music ...And no cool events at all[/B]. I don't want to read a log to know the condor legion has arrived. Have a pop up with a picture for such a big event, like all the news paper clippings in PON or RUS. More flavour please... no pop up events.

It makes me sad to read this.
Such is perhaps for a strategy game not so important (in one of the best strategy games ever – chess – you won’t find such nice ‘gimmicks’).
But that is a big part of what I like so much to play AGEOD games.
I do not want to be without!
I would like to see this is reworked extensively.
Greetings

Templer

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I like the game a lot.
It has the benefit of processing turns a lot quicker than any other AGEOD game I've played.
The AI might need to be improved a little, as I won as Republicans by early 1937.

Lots of things implemented in España 1936 could very well be implemented in what remains my favourite AGEOD game, RUS.

Carnium

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 pm

le Anders wrote:Lots of things implemented in España 1936 could very well be implemented in what remains my favourite AGEOD game, RUS.

Have patience and believe in GO(L)D ;)

Carnium

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Templer wrote:So almost by accident I discovered that this thread is meant as a thread to share impression.
How is one to know?

Okey, honestly as an Espana beta tester I am probably too biased to give you my impression of the game ... so I made this thread for new owners of the game to share their impressions. This does not mean that you are not allowed to read it my friend :mdr:
My advice to you is either:
- risk a few bucks and buy the game and have confidence in the author (yes this is more or less just ONE man project!!!), who made a whole new game based on RUS/AJe engine, that he will improve, polish and add new features to an already great game.
- play a waiting game and wait for all above to happen before opening your wallet :leprechau

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Templer wrote:In fact, for me the impressions of the player are an important purchase decision.

If you had been in a bar chatting about this game like you have on these fora, your bill would have been already like the price of the game. :w00t:

Leibst

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm giving all the time i can to this:
First of all i want to fix the bugs with a Patch.
Second task is to make some changes to give you(and me) a better game.
HQ website

Taciturn Scot
Sergeant

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:14 am

Templer wrote:In fact, for me the impressions of the player are an important purchase decision.

Very few impressions to SCW can be found at the moment.
I have also started a thread on the matrix forum and on a German strategy games forum.
Also there the involvement is unfortunately very weak.

I 'm interested in the game.
And because I found no impressions, and because I was bored, I started reading this forum thread for thread (there aren’t many).

So almost by accident I discovered that this thread is meant as a thread to share impression.
How is one to know?

It makes me sad to read this.
Such is perhaps for a strategy game not so important (in one of the best strategy games ever – chess – you won’t find such nice ‘gimmicks’ ;) .
But that is a big part of what I like so much to play AGEOD games.
I do not want to be without!
I would like to see this is reworked extensively.

I'd say that most folks who have picked this up are too busy playing it to be bothered with posting about it. I know that's true for me. I picked this and RUS up at the same time last weekend and have been playing both exclusively since. There is a bug in the game at the moment which prevents the player from creating more than one army but otherwise, it's great. I like the smaller scale of this. I feel this is probably the best game for a total AGEOD newbie to pick up and learn the game.

PJJ
Captain

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:38 pm

This is a good game and there's potential to become an even better one. I'm now waiting for some patches while reading more about the conflict. The game can be too easy as the Nationalists, but this can be changed by improving the AI and making things otherwise more challenging so that the war won't be over too soon, because it wasn't easy for them in real life either.

I also like the smaller scale of things. Not every game has to be absolutely huge with millions of units and hours of micromanagement to be fun.

Return to “España 1936”