Mike48

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Congratulations Leibstandarte (Miguel!)...game bought and installed. It looks great.
Mike.

Leibst

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

thanks Mike, hope you enjoy it!
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Graf Laue
Conscript

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi, Espana 1936 in german????
Please,
Wann erscheint das Spiel in deutsch????
Bitte.

Leibst

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Graf,
No, just english, spanish and french (except the manual)
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Espana 1936 is very much on my Must Have list but sadly it will be probably be November or December before I can take the plunge and I am really looking forward to buying the game as soon as circumstances allow.

In the interim, best wishes for strong sales and positive feedback.

-C

animalshadow
Private

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:43 pm

I was following España:1936 for last few months, cause I'm really interested in Spanish Civil War and finally got it few days ago.

As usual I'm trying to play first game on loser side, cause it's much challenging and you're trying to correct historical decisions and I did it!

Won as Republicans at 1937 late July.

¡Victoria!:
[ATTACH]32325[/ATTACH]

Scores & Objectives:
[ATTACH]32326[/ATTACH]

Map(It's looking like even situation, but don't be fooled :) - Enemy have only 2 points with significant unit concentration - East of Gibraltar and and at South-West):
[ATTACH]32327[/ATTACH]

First few months of war were a mess. Lot of units without leaders & huge CP penalties all over the Spain. What I was trying to do at these crazy months - organize my army and push enemy where ever I can trying to take initiative ignoring lossess and it worked.
When most of irregular forces became regular and I received officers, I started to build strong OOB according to current situation my plan.
My plan was easy and clear:
Secure Madrid area.
Push to North part of Spain with as much forces as I can leaving minimum units at the south to distract enemy.

This plan worked well, at early spring 1937 Central-North and North-East of Spain were secured by Republicans and enemy capital was besieged.
After enemy capital was taken it was a walk in a park:
Enemy forces were shattered and scattered all over the Spain, at North part of Spain enemy controlled only North-West part while North-East forces were besieged or withdrawing to the South.
Meanwhile at the south my formations were losing battle by battle, but I tried to maneuver as fast and frequent as I can waiting for reinforcements from the Republican North.

After enemy main forces at the North were destroyed I threw my most strongest formations to the South pushing back last Nationalists rush to Madrid.

Had few moments when I thought that all is lost - most of them were when I checked situation on South. :D

That's how it was in short.

As conclusion - I liked it, enjoyed it and definitely would recommend to anyone interested in wargames and/or Civil Wars(Especially Spanish).
There are no PC games(and wargames) dedicated to Spanish Civil War and I really like that AGEod dedicated resources to represent this conflict.
Would be nice to see some improvements in UI based on CW2 or TEAW.

Don't think that España:1936 needs special presentation - masterpieces don't need presentations!

Thank you guys! ;)
Attachments
ESPANA36_rep_victory_map.jpg
ESPANA36_rep_victory_casualties.jpg
ESPANA36_rep_victory.jpg

animalshadow
Private

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Just finished my Nationalists party:

Republic surrenders at 8th May 1937:
[ATTACH]32344[/ATTACH]

Map:
[ATTACH]32346[/ATTACH]

Scores & Objectives:
[ATTACH]32345[/ATTACH]

While I lost all my ships (except 2 transports) I totally destroyed Republic's resistance. This time I was trying to implement new tactic: Split by half, then split again and so on.
It worked and worked extremely well.
At start I have secured strong foothold at South at the North part of Spain I was trying to act as fast as I can trying to split enemy forces, while my main forces under Saliquet command with support of legionaries formations surround Madrid.
At January united African army and local forces under command of Franco blitzed on Madrid and on February Madrid was take, next stop was Valencia. After Valencia's defence falled Republic surrendered.
While Nationalists lost only 36.4K Republicans lost 136K 1/4 of which surrendered.
That's it :)

P.S. I'm very happy with Espana 1936, didn't expect it to be so fun.
Attachments
ESPANA36_nat_victory_map.jpg
ESPANA36_nat_victory_casualties.jpg
ESPANA36_nat_victory.jpg

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:30 am

Looks like you are ready for the bigtime...PBEM! :thumbsup:

Return to “España 1936”