vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Winning the Unwinnable - Vicberg (CSA) vs. John (Union) - No John Please

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:19 am

Early April, 1861

Second time trying CSA and I'm going to attempt to do what I laid out in my last AAR as Union with John. Try to choke John off at various points and force him to attack me. We'll see if this can do it. I may be attacking to Alexandria to Harpers. There's won't be attacks elsewhere.

First turn not much to do. Beauregard takes Sumter. But, I can play taxes and bonds, which I did and there's quite a few regional decisions. I don't play a lot of regional decisions as Union, but as CSA I think I'm going to do a LOT of them. For this turn, I played a develop territory on Charelston to get it from 75 to 80 in development. 80 is rich and 75 is civilized. The Rich level should increase production. A few more cheap clear territories are played on level 2 or higher towns, again for production and I played a couple of requisitions on level 1 cities in Texas and aren't connected to a rail network since that affects loyalty and MC which affects everything moving through that region. So all these minor isolated cities will be very unhappy with me.

I built out an SC brigade, arty and a couple of Militia. That's all I can build first turn. There's a couple of gunboats that could be built, but building ships as Rebels is a waste.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:33 am

Late April, 1861

And already.....the CSA declared a complete embargo and failed, so foreign intervention is already at -33%. Sigh.

Nothing to build so I threw production in INF replacements. CSA starts with almost 200 hits in heavy guns and INF. Not going to put a dime into them. Way too expensive. Hopefully the game will give me a few, but not holding my breadth.

Took a chance on regional decisions and did a couple of runners. The price is steep. -1 NM, but my war supply production is a whopping 24. That's not going to cut it. I need to take chances.

I moved a few mil in Charleston, NO, Harpers and Norfolk to start entrenching. Moving the Sumter force back for redeployment into Virginia when it declares.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:14 am

Late May, 1861

Foreign Entry dropped to -31. Guess I should be happy.

I now have builds. I'm going to build up for defensive checkpoints in the west, but primary builds are in the east. Getting cheap 6 lp arty in addition. I can hope that Kentucky stays out of war until 1862, so I'm going to try to use that, but the key is Ft. Donnelson. I have to get enough troops into that to hold it.

No good regionals to build. A couple more requisitions on isolated texan cities. I like Texas.

Virginia is in the war. Al troops converging on Harpers Ferry and Manassas.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:15 am

Late May, 1861

Foreign Entry dropped to -31. Guess I should be happy.

I now have builds. I'm going to build up for defensive checkpoints in the west, but primary builds are in the east. Getting cheap 6 lp arty in addition. I can hope that Kentucky stays out of war until 1862, so I'm going to try to use that, but the key is Ft. Donnelson. I have to get enough troops into that to hold it.

No good regionals to build. A couple more requisitions on isolated texan cities. I like Texas.

Virginia is in the war. Al troops converging on Harpers Ferry and Manassas.

bugwar
Sergeant

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:57 am

Anything new to report????

Return to “CW2 AARs”