vicberg
AGEod Grognard

OMG USA is a lot of work - vicberg (USA) vs. TyrannicalTyler (CSA) - No Tyler Please

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:09 pm

We are at start of 1862. I'll bring you up to date.

I'm really not very good at this game. Played it a bunch vs. AI, but got away from it for WIF, WITP and then WON (shameless plug for my mod). Now into beginning of 1862 and the blunders so far.

1) Didn't realize until beginning of 1862 that divisions were 18 elements. Somehow thought they were 15. My builds are ok at this point after all of it in terms for reforming my divisions, but not what I would call a great build strategy so far.
2) Alexandria lost after screwing around with attacking Manasses and then allowing Burnside, Keyes and a bunch of Arty, Volunteers to get trapped in Alexandria. I was lucky and got Keyes out with troops and arty out of Alexandria, but not so lucky with Burnside who torched a bunch of volunteers
3) Kentucky is still neutral. Not sure if I need to do the intervention option or not, but I'm fine with that as I can build up forces.
4) I landed a understrength army under Butler on New Orleans because of my 18 element woops. They are elite, though understrengthed divisions with Hooker, Meager and a Union Boob leading the divisions. They will be attacking this turn. Probably doomed because of my lack of full strength divisions.
5) I have 2 divisions ready to go in New York under Berry (2 star). I'm tempted to go after Norfolk because I believe it's lightly defended and I read somewhere that taking Norfolk increases the blockade. I could also go after Savanna. Either one requires the US fleet to come back from New Orleans as I committed too much to it.
6) There's 4 divisions in Washington under McClellan, 2 more under Banks in Montgomery and 2 more under McDowell in Frederick. These are all full strength now. Reserves in Washington ready to form up. All divisional commanders are more boobs.
7) 3 Full strength divisions under Grant in Cairo waiting for Kentucky to become open. Thomas, Bueford and another boob are divisional commanders. 2 full strength divisions in Louisville under Halleck and more divisional boobs. Another division forming in Cincinnati. Porter with a full strength on Charleston. Another full strength under Woods (another boob) in Cairo for defense.
8) St. Louis is lightly held. Fremont and Lyon are in Rolla (almost full strength) and Asboth with an under strength division holds Springfield. Sumner holds Ft. Baxter. Confeds are now pushing up with Watie and Van Dorn. I've built a few divisions and rangers in this area. The fort supply chain to the west has been cut at Ft. Dodge.
9) Out west, not much. Troops are moving down the west coast and Prima Villages is Union. Sibley and Carson have been trading blows without a decisive battle. Sibley sits in Ft. Craig and Carson in Valencia. More militia and rangers have been built in CO, NM. Cav, Mil and Rangers are mustering on both sides of Ft. Dodge to re-establish that chain and an RGD Depot is being build in Sante Fe. I'm assuming the supplies know the way.

Overall production has been to build out divisions on both sides. I've built river ironclads. 4 in total to go with the one freebie. I've built 2 sea going ironclads to go with the 1 freebie. I haven't build other sea vessels yet. I'm planning on a balanced build strategy, building for both east and west as well as ships each turn. Tall order since I need everything and there isn't enough to go around.

Once Kentucky comes into the war, Grant will secure Columbus and Island 10. Halleck will attempt to push down to Bowling Green. From these spots the next goal is to Dover and Forts Henry and Donaldson. Once these occur, I'll have divisions ready to ship and land behind lines. In the east, I'll hold the Potomac and start invasions along the coast. The goal will be to spread his force out along the coast an interiors and then push where he's weak, or possibly along everywhere to overcome his manpower.

NM is at 81 right now. Not good and I've built out all ironworks.

Again, I'm not very good, so we'll see how this all works out.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Late Feb, 1862.

Screen Shots will be coming at some point.

Defensive lines are being deployed along the Potomac. New Orleans fell to Butler on the first attack. I lost 2 ships bypassing the forts along the lower Mississippi. Berry and 2 divisions will land in Norfolk. Sherman arrived and took over command from McCall (boob), so Grant has about a good a force as he is going to get.

The rebs are pushing up Missouri, taking back Springfield. I'm consolidating all forces in the area into Fremont's army in an attempt to smash Van Dorn and Wattie. Bad weather has prevented recapturing Fort Dodge. Carleton has taken Eastern Arizona and will turn east to cutoff Sibley, who took Valencia. More troops are moving to reinforce Carson in Albuquerque.

I've built out all my on map divisions. I'm building 2 more divisions in New York for invasion of Savanna. Still no additional US Ships built yet, but I'll try to get around that. Only McClellan and Grant have support units. Need to get around to building those soon.

Jerzul
Captain

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Keep it up vicberg! I always enjoy a good AAR. It sounds like you are recovering from your earlier blunders pretty well. Try getting some of your non-boobs promoted to 2 and 3-star so that you can get a better force. I'd concentrate on Grant, Sherman, Lyon, and maybe Hooker to begin with. The Union is crippled by their starting 3-stars. I'm surprised Butler was active enough to actually take NOLA.

Good luck!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Early March, 1862

It's on in New Orleans. Johnston showed up and Butler actually held. Twice! I was going to invade somewhere else with 2 divisions ready to go in New York, but if the fight is in New Orleans, they might as well go there.

The situation in New Orleans.

[ATTACH]38143[/ATTACH]

And Johnston's first attack

[ATTACH]38146[/ATTACH]

And his second attack. For a boob, Butler is being a studly boob.

[ATTACH]38147[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-11 10_55_07-Greenshot.png
2016-04-11 10_55_29-Greenshot.png
2016-04-11 10_54_44-Greenshot.png

Mickey3D

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:38 pm

vicberg wrote:For a boob, Butler is being a studly boob.

You are attacking with a smaller force, an entrenched unit in marsh terrain: a lot of diffiulties at the same time ! :cuit:

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm USA. I'm not attacking. I'm the one defending and Butler is a boob, though showing up right now.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Late March, 1862

Here's a snapshot of the messy west.

More blunders. I pushed an under strength division under Asboth and Fremont with a division under Lyons down towards Springfield and got nailed by bad weather. VanDorn beat up Asboth, then beat up Fremont, who lost his life in the process. I'm not sure if losing Fremont is a bad thing, but I need as many 3 stars as possible. Now down 1 Luckily, my interior lines have come into play and with a neutral Kentucky leaning towards the Union, I sent Pope with a division with another one coming into Jefferson.

In New Orleans, it's a race. Rebels are coming down under Holmes and 2 more Union divisions are 10 days away under Berry.

My NM is back up to 89, but I'm going to lose 10 more because of the clamor for war and the 2 regions away from Richmond requirement, which isn't going to happen. More divisions forming up in both west and east. I'm starting to form up my first artillery division.

[ATTACH]38160[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-11 15_29_20-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Far Far West

I've built a supply chain of depots from SF down to Arizona. The rebs are retreating down to West Sierra. Carson and Carleton are converging on Sibley. From there, I'll push down into Texas.

[ATTACH]38161[/ATTACH]

In the Midwest, recapturing the fort chain.

[ATTACH]38162[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-11 15_46_33-Greenshot.png
2016-04-11 15_43_35-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Early April, 1862,

Kentucky joined the Union.

Battling in New Orleans. Johnston continued his attempts to dislodge Butler. The feds under Holmes have yet to arrive, stopping short in Pearl, LA. Berry with 2 divisions arrived in New Orleans later in the turn carried by Farragut's fleet. Farragut will have to sit in New Orleans (taking a risk) and repair some of his ships prior to running Forts Jackson and Phillip.

My thoughts are that Tyler is making a mistake trying to take back NO. While he is in NO, I'll have freer reign in Kentucky. In my games vs. AI, trying to run up the Mississippi with a fleet can be dangerous without River Ironclads, especially if you run into Rebel Ironclads. The terrain sucks for movement. NO can be contained at the cost of a division or mobile corp, should the Union decide to try an expand from there. And if the Union does push, the Rebel fleet could always come down and try to take NO out from under the Union. But as long as he wants to battle here, I'll tie up as many troops as possible.

First battle in New Orleans

[ATTACH]38179[/ATTACH]

Followed by Second

[ATTACH]38180[/ATTACH]

And the third

[ATTACH]38181[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-12 06_01_26-Greenshot.png
2016-04-12 06_01_55-Greenshot.png
2016-04-12 06_02_03-Greenshot.png

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:23 pm

He may be trying to exhaust your ammo supply by repeatedly attacking Butler. I see that you have at least one supply unit, but you don't control the forts, so you are off the supply chain from the sea lanes' transports. Of course, NO produces some. Units carry two turns worth of General Supply, but only a couple battles worth of ammo.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Just checked. Ammo is full and supply filters shows 734 received. Supply is full. Both at 100%. Supply and ammo are flowing by those forts. Probably a bug of some type.

Mickey3D

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:58 pm

I suppose that you have also captured the supply and ammo already in the city depots (and it is huge in NO) : feeding your troops should not be your main concern before long.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:15 pm

I found this in the Wiki:

"For oceanic supply distribution, the harbors won't be able to receive supply if it is blockaded, but forts alone, without some ships, won't blockade the harbor (you get an icon if the harbor is blockaded)."

So I guess NO cannot be blockaded by the forts if the Union holds the city. However, if the Union holds the forts, then NO is blockaded due to a script.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Jerzul
Captain

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Gray Fox wrote:I found this in the Wiki:

"For oceanic supply distribution, the harbors won't be able to receive supply if it is blockaded, but forts alone, without some ships, won't blockade the harbor (you get an icon if the harbor is blockaded)."

So I guess NO cannot be blockaded by the forts if the Union holds the city. However, if the Union holds the forts, then NO is blockaded due to a script.

Well that doesn't seem to be WAD. The Union should have supply issues if they take NO but leave the forts unmolested. Granted, with NO fallen, the forts should have issues being resupplied as well...

Either way, supply should not just go by two forts that are occupied by artillery.
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Late May, 1862

Johnston and the Army of Tennessee have pulled out of New Orleans and are camped in Pearl. Not sure if he's going to reinforce and try again. I have 2 more divisions ready to go in New York if needed. I pulled Berry, a division under Crittenden and a under-strength division under Butterfield (you can't lose with a name like Butterfield) out of New Orleans and pushed them into Mobile. My thoughts on this were that they were close enough to support New Orleans and the Alabama River is deep enough to offload troops away from the 2 forts protecting the river. What I didn't know is that the Mobile Port exits right next to those two forts, so I'm not really happy with this decision. Farragut will need to bypass again with his damaged fleet and head back to New York. I'm going to lose a few ships bypassing those forts and Berry will be on his own for a bit. I'll keep those 2 New York divisions in reserve. It's tempting to invade in Savanna or around Charleston, but I may invade again along the southern coast to provide yet more support for the troops already there, possibly start making a push up the southern coast, though terrain and weather will make that more difficult.

Thomas took Humbolt. Sherman took Fort Henry and will push on Donaldson. Buell and a division under Gilbert took Galliton. Fremont (who is alive was hidden in a fleet when he went into Cairo), with Tyler went into Montgomery.

Beauregard has shown up in Nashville. Between Buell and Fremont with another division under Wallace coming to join the party, make about equal combat power with Beauregard. There's still nothing directly opposing Grant yet. Polk has about 1200 cbt in Island 10. I'm not sure whether to bypass it or attack it straight on. My thoughts are to attack it because I'll need more control over central Kentucky to insure supply to Grant if Polk dashes out and takes Columbus or Paducah. I have a depot in Paducah. I don't think I have enough juice yet to isolate Polk.

More detente along the Potomac in the east. Not much happening in West Virginia. Supply is an issue along the central forts in the mid-west, but otherwise reclaiming the fort chain between Kansas and Colorado.

NM is now at 98. I'm going to lose 10 later this year.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Late June, 1862

The situation in Kentucky. Beauregard is the only known opposition. In a surprise move, he moved into Fort Donaldson and tried to dislodge Sherman's division without success. Sherman is now a 2 star.

[ATTACH]38292[/ATTACH]

The overall tactical situation in Kentucky. For Fremont's Army, now up to 4 divisions, 1 division will hold Clarksville against Beauregard, the rest will move into Nashville including Buells Corp of 2 divisions. Sherman's Corp has 2 divisions in Ft. Donaldson. The elite 3rd division under Rickets will hold the fort. Sherman and the 38th Division under Richardson will do a naval invasion of Savannah.

The 35th division under Dix's Corp in Reel, MO will shift over to take Island 10. Polk has retreated from Island 10.

Grant is still a 2 star with 4 divisions under his command. Thomas's 2nd Division will take Decaturville. The remaining 3 divisions will do something a bit bold and push down to Corinth. I'll leave 2 divisions along the way in order to get MC over the rail line from Humboldt down to Corinth. This could be a bit risky with Polk unaccounted for, but if I'm able to take Nashville, Savannah and Decaturville, I'll be able to isolate Beauregard at Ft. Donaldson. If I have Corinth, that removes a major east/west rail line and threatens Beauregard's army even further. I'll also be able to easily combine my forces if Polk shows up for a counter attack.

The red circles are supply depots. The circles at the top reflect depots at Bowling Green, Mundfordville and Paducah. Nice supply chain of 2-3 regions down into Tennessee.

[ATTACH]38293[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-14 07_31_36-Greenshot.png
2016-04-14 07_34_37-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Early July, 1862

The game is afoot. Lee and Stonewall have pushed into Fredericktown in PA. I'm not sure this is a wise move. There's no forces currently opposing Grant and Sherman in Kentucky. Fremont should make fairly short work of Beauregards forces in Nashville. This feels like an all or nothing type of play. I'm not sure it will work out.

Because of the lack of opposition in the west, I'm transferring Grant, Sherman and Kearmy to the east. Their divisions will remain in Kentucky and other 2 star boobs will take over with Fremont in overall command. They will simply push down into Tennessee with the initial goals of Corinth, Memphis and Chattannoga. So my 3 boobs along the east, McClellan, Banks and McDowell will be tasked with holding for 3 turns.

The 30th (with the Iron Brigade), 39th and 40th divisions under Franklin were ready to invade from New York. They will be redirected Anne Arundel. Milroy with the 9th and 19th divisions were in Morgantown for the defense of West Virginia. They will shift over to Chambers, MD. All production will shift to the east.

NM is back down to 86 after I failed to do the 1862 offensive.

[ATTACH]38330[/ATTACH]

And the combat in Fredericktown

[ATTACH]38331[/ATTACH]

And in more typical boob fashion, Buell makes it to Nashville before Fremont and losses the battle. Beuaregard was able to make it back from Ft Donaldson in time. Next turn Fremont *should* be able to combine with Buell.

[ATTACH]38332[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-15 07_46_09-Greenshot.png
2016-04-15 07_45_20-Greenshot.png
2016-04-15 07_26_24-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Late July, 1862

Boobs, Boobs, I'm surrounded by Boobs

Polk showed up in Madison, TN. The Rosecran's Corp with Lyons' 4th Division took Island 10. Thomas's 2nd Division took Lauderdale, TN. Rickets 38th Division is just north of Corinth. Sheridan has formed the 50th Cavalary Division in Scott MO. Polk is in danger of being surrounded.

Fremont was another typical boob and lost another battle in Nashville. Whipple's Corp with Richardson's elite 3rd Division are to the west. Fremont (and 4 divisions) is going to retreat back to Gallitan. Whipple is going to retreat back to Clarksville. Dix and an under-strength division under Curtis will shift over to defend Donaldson.

[ATTACH]38335[/ATTACH]

And Johnston has resumed the attack in New Orleans. I'm may need to pull Berry out of Mobile and shift him over to New Orleans.

[ATTACH]38336[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-15 10_39_24-Greenshot.png
2016-04-15 09_48_20-Greenshot.png

Jerzul
Captain

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:12 pm

vicberg wrote:
Boobs, Boobs, I'm surrounded by Boobs

Some interesting movies have started out that way...although none on the Civil War IIRC.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Yes, but we won't go there :w00t:

Ok more blunders. Should have had transports in Mobile ready to move Berry's corp. Should have replaced Banks and McDowell with some of the boobilish 3-1-1 2 stars that the Union has in abundance in order to get a better chance at MTSG. Should have probably built out engineers, signals for the Easter line so no minuses of 4 division corp commands and 1 level high in entrenchment.

Strategically I outnumber the Rebels on all fronts, but with Union Leadership, that doesn't really mean much. I've gained the Cumberland river, if I can hold it and Ft Donaldson/Henry/Island 10. The path to Memphis via river is somewhat clear At this point, I can consolidate in the Kentucky and wait for overwhelming force. I'm worried about New Orleans though. Butler is now beseiged in the city. We'll see what Berry does, but I may have to commit more reinforcements to New Orleans. The rebels should start getting their ironclad fleet online anytime soon. Something I'm going to have to consider if I want to go directly into the port of New Orleans.

Longstreet and Jackson have corps in Fredericktown. My guess is a push on McDowell in Carroll, MD with the goal of Anne Arundel. Grant, Sherman and Kearny will both be in place within 2 turns. It's a race.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:43 pm

Fun read.

I'm curious about your VA command. Are those three 3 star generals leading their own armies? It looks like Banks and McDowell are corps commanders under MaC?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:47 pm

They are corps under Mac. Fremont and Butler make up the other 2 Armies.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:15 am

This sounds like the lineup of the '62 Mets.

IMHO? Don't do that. If McClellan's numbers were just a bit different, any different, I'd think of using him. But not good enough, imo. I'd rather use McDowell. My Mac stays in Cincy and trains folks for the Middle Theater.

Stick Banks in NYC where he can recruit.

You're certainly not going to suffer some drop-off if you go with McDowell in the East with the 311 Corps guys. Stuff good Div commanders under them, and...

well, you can get by, until you get the really good Div guys later on. Then, if you catch some Promotions...

anyhow, just my two cents. It takes some luck to end up with a command structure to go nose to nose with Longstreet and Jackson and Forrest and...you know.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:41 am

Early August, 1862

LOL. 62 Mets is about right, but we have god on our side...right? At least the computer gods, for which note to self sacrifice a live chicken tonight to appease.

Well looks like I lucked out with the lineup. The Battle of Carroll, MD, has just ended the threat to Washington and boosted Union NM by 12!. Jackson and his corp advanced into McDowell's position. Franklin's, Banks, and Dix, who arrived at the nick of time via rail all joined into the fray, as did Longstreet and his corp. Combat went all day. I can't find Franklin, so either dead or injured.

[ATTACH]38346[/ATTACH]

And the results. Unfortunately, Banks just jumped up in seniority. I guess you can't have everything.

[ATTACH]38348[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-15 18_28_31-Greenshot.png
2016-04-15 18_30_58-Greenshot.png

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:58 am

From the pic, with Ord being shown like that, I would say Franklin is on the DL or has gone to better climes.

All my experience has just brought me around to think fourteen times before you assault across a river, unless you have units or abilities to take the edge off. The code really seems to punish cross-river actions.

But congrats! A remarkable action against the 'A' team.

Now you get to fight them some more.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]

-Daniel Webster

RULES

(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:02 am

Wow. This is going to feel weird to say: The CSA lost that battle because Stonewall was too slow!

Okay, maybe he would have lost even with Stonewall - that is a lot of artillery you have there.

An all day battle and no MTSG from him. I wonder what went wrong there. Maybe he had that corp is passive posture or was using evade orders.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:09 am

The 'A'bnormal team pulled through.

Funny thing. They are all good defenders now. McDowell and Banks are 3 on defense. Banks actually has some value now. Perhaps Cairo for both defense and conscription. Not sure. Both are 0 on attack, so limited usefulness. I think he might defend some other fairly important city. Other than Sherman and Grant, don't have many leaders like that.

Yep, he got hammer by the rivers. I also had 11 divisions that participated in that fight. Sherman will be taking over McDowell's Corp and Grant will be taking over Banks Corp. Hoping for one more victory to jump Grant up the seniority list and then Grant takes over and McClellan returns to training duty.

I've started the arty division under French. Still not full strength but a couple of gattlings don't hurt.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:14 am

Cardinal Ape wrote:Wow. This is going to feel weird to say: The CSA lost that battle because Stonewall was too slow!

Okay, maybe he would have lost even with Stonewall - that is a lot of artillery you have there.

An all day battle and no MTSG from him. I wonder what went wrong there. Maybe he had that corp is passive posture or was using evade orders.

Looks like Longstreet led the charge and Jackson did an MTSG. MTSG was all over the map and the battle lasted 6 rounds. The pendulum swung 10 times at least while watching the battle animations.

He probably should have gone after Banks instead of McDowell. This would have brought Lee into the battle, secured his LOC and who knows what would have happened. McClellan might have stopped his southern sympathy for a minute and joined the battle as well.

Sherman and Grant arrive this turn and it looks like it's time to switch to the offensive.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:34 am

Well, congrats again, at least with some experience even the Union Boobs can get a few stats.

And sometimes they can surprise you. I like to use Burnside, myself. Historically, he wasn't a bad officer, he just should never have been the Head Guy. As a corps commander, he wasn't bad; tell him what to do, where he fit in, and he'd go and do it.

I think there are some 'hidden stats', at least for certain Leaders. Take Lew Wallace; historically, he was somewhat vilified for his mistake at Shiloh, but he was aggressive, diligent and very competent. I've noticed, in the game, that you get him in a few scraps, especially in a Vic, and his stats as shown go up, sooner than some other folks. Put him as a Corps commander under Grant and he's not bad at all.

There are some others - 'Bull' Sumner can be good on D; Jeff. C. Davis can be a very good choice to attack (not a 311, however, strictly speaking); Nelson can be OK; Hunter can be OK.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:37 am

Whoops, my bad. Pity the fool. I assumed Jackson failed to MTSG, didn't see his portrait in the enemy commander list.

Return to “CW2 AARs”