vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:46 am

In other news....

A click too far.....

I must have somehow had everything targeting Rosencrans and somehow Rosencrans ended up in Reed, MO. LOL, now I have Rosencrans, 3 division and 1 Cav div under Sheriden NOT in Humbolt, but in Reed. What's in Humbolt? Nothing! I never ended up taking Island 10 and Polk is in Fort Pillow.

Sooooo, got to solidify the mess around the Mississippi. I've got bonds, Taxes and Premium for Volunteers, so I'll be able to build a few divisions on east and west. Oh, and I need pontoons, engineers, HQ Supports, Hospitals, ships and more divisions. Easy? Hitting the easy button now.

In the Mississippi, time to go a bit slower, more deliberate and protect the rail lines.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Late September, 1862

With the arrival of Grant and Sherman, Lee and company elected to not push against Washington. Early September, Grant stormed Alexandria, made 3 start and then in Late September, he promptly retreated from Lee's counter attack. Just enough change in seniority that I'm going to take a hit making Grant Army commander, but in Lincoln we trust.

In related news, 2 divisions forming for the East, 2 for the West, built some ships and some support units. Hit the easy button. I'm solidying the rails from Humboldt down to Corinth. Polk and Beauregard are still holding Memphis and Nashville, but will soon get overwhelmed if something doesn't happen. I don't have to direct assault. I can eat away at support cities and rail lines.

Watie is eating my lunch in the Fort Supply Chain. He looks to be heading for Colorado. I have Carson and Carleton have yet to destroy Sibley's force, so not sure what I'm going to do here. Canby is marching from Arizona. Hopefully I can drive Sibley back into Texas. I may need to build a cav division to take care of Wattie.

[ATTACH]38378[/ATTACH]

And Lee's counter attack. Lost 2 NM.

[ATTACH]38380[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-16 14_53_09-Greenshot.png
2016-04-16 14_22_05-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Early October, 1862

With Winter approaching, I have strategic choices. Grant is Commander of the Army of the Potomac. All corp under him are maxed out, including Grant with a whopping 6 division.

I have 2+ divisions forming up in New York, possibly 3. I've lost track of what I've built for what Division that is missing a unit or two and I always forget and go ahead and form up a new division, which I lament later and pull some more hair out and then take some Xanax and all good. At this point, I can start pulling divisions out of the Army of the Potomac for more invasions during winter, or keep the pressure on.

[ATTACH]38381[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-16 15_11_02-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:10 am

Early November, 1862

Lots to report. New Orleans is heating up. In a surprise move, Polk has left Tennessee and showed up in New Orleans. There's been a few skirmishes over the months, but with Polk's arrival, the fighting has grown in intensity. Butler is holding firm so far, but he's soon going to get overwhelmed by numbers. Farragut's fleet is in mobile and ready to transport. Palmer and 2 Ironclads came down to support Farragut and sure enough the Manassas is parked off New Orleans.

[ATTACH]38391[/ATTACH]

And the combined Johnston/Polk attack. He really must want New Orleans. I personally feel that New Orleans doesn't mean the end of the war for CSA nor does it mean take it back at all costs. It's very difficult for the Union to expand from New Orleans. The weather and terrain are terrible and the CSA Ironclads make river invasions a challenge.

[ATTACH]38392[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-16 18_59_57-Greenshot.png
2016-04-16 18_33_20-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:19 am

Potomac

Though it was tempting to hold up for the winter and continue the coastal invasions, I chose instead to attack Alexandria while their trenches were still low. Grant took Alexandria, was beat back by Lee, crossed again, and this time held the beachhead. Sherman shifted over to Washington . A token force holds onto Montgomery under Keyes. That's the least likely spot to invade across due to supply.

[ATTACH]38394[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-16 18_42_36-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:27 am

In other news....

Union has a solid line from Memphis to Corinth. Standoff still exists across the Cumberland between Fremont and Beauregard. Wattie still holds the center of the Fort line in Kansas. Supply has become a major issue in New Mexico.

Return to “CW2 AARs”