charlesonmission

YouTube AAR - charlesonmission (CSA) versus Ironclad (Union)

Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I've started an AAR on YouTube against Ironclad. This will be my first time playing the CSA as CW2, so should be interesting. The playlist is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0elpXyl8LDUze0kkI82f98CljkmHLviC

And the general channel is here: www.youtube.com/charlesonmission

If you have comments on the game, feel free to put them here or in the video comment sections. I won't be regularly posting updates here on when I upload videos, but it should be several times a week.

Charles

charlesonmission

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:43 pm

We are moving right along, now in August 1861. We've turned off the "traffic penalty" for the time being. That is an option in the latest beta patch.

pob303
Private

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 am

Hi Charles

Thank you for this. I have just watched all available so far and it is the best thing on TV all week!

I have so many questions about your decision making process. Where is the best place to ask those questions that will not spoil this AAR and tip off ironclad?

charlesonmission

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Ironclad knows about the YouTube series. You can ask directly in the video, or here, either is fine.

Thanks for watching (you'll see current supply issue in western VA on the video I just posted... supply is a challenge for CSA in the winter)

pob303 wrote:Hi Charles

Thank you for this. I have just watched all available so far and it is the best thing on TV all week!

I have so many questions about your decision making process. Where is the best place to ask those questions that will not spoil this AAR and tip off ironclad?

charlesonmission

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Here is a pivotal turn of the game. It is April in 1864. Massive battles in Kentucky and Tennessee with casualty rates at greater than 50%. Are the casualties too high compared to the historical ACW? Ironclad has asked the question and I think it is a good one... or does hold at all costs and attack at all costs not really exist in the historical ACW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMij6yd0iXY

charlesonmission

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:38 pm

And the game as come to an end as the Union suffered a NM defeat. Here is the final turn. If you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them here or on the Video page. Thanks to everyone for following along. There were 75 videos in total for this game... hence 75 turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tUs2dTWtN4

pob303
Private

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:10 pm

A nice win Charles :) Thank you for the very informative AAR and thank you to your opponent Ironclad.

I found it very informative and I think for the first time I have seen a cohesive and effective strategy out west make a real difference for the confederates in the two larger theatres. Damn, Shelby was very very impressive!!!!

Thanks gents.

Straight Arrow
General

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:09 pm

This thread was invaluable.

I have been studying the rules and playing Athena for several months now, and until my first PBEM game, I thought I had a handle on the game.

But after watching Charles maneuver units and explain why and what he was doing, the clouds parted and the sun came out. A whole host of questions, that been lurking in the back of my mind for months, were answered.

These videos were incredibly helpful and informative.

Well done,

Thank you Ironclad, thank you Charles.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

charlesonmission

Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Glad it was useful.

Straight Arrow wrote:This thread was invaluable.

I have been studying the rules and playing Athena for several months now, and until my first PBEM game, I thought I had a handle on the game.

But after watching Charles maneuver units and explain why and what he was doing, the clouds parted and the sun came out. A whole host of questions, that been lurking in the back of my mind for months, were answered.

These videos were incredibly helpful and informative.

Well done,

Thank you Ironclad, thank you Charles.
Looking for CW2, ACW or AJE tutorials, check out my YouTube channel

Return to “CW2 AARs”