JBEtexas
Private

AI Advice

Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:50 am

I find the easy method of defeating the AI with either side with any settings by mid1862 is to occupy in force an important location such as Alexandria, Bowling Green, etc.; then sit back and watch the AI attack over and over again each turn with major losses until a Morale Victory is won.

Is there a combination of settings that prevents the AI from continuously attacking when it is killing itself off? I assume AI Aggressiveness on low would be the first step; yet I expect an AI with Low Aggressiveness would still attack these key site while doing nothing else.

Any advice?

Durk

Re: AI Advice

Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:54 am

I am no AI expert so instead of answering, I suggest this: you are ready to play either:
1. Both sides against yourself, or
2. PBEM versus a human.

Once you have a winning AI tactic, whatever you do will not change how it plays. So you ought to change who you play to get more enrichment out of the game. I enjoy challenging myself by playing both sides, but even better is letting a human teach you more about this great game.

The different AI settings most just give AI more resources and units.

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Re: AI Advice

Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:53 am

I found that the AI was all too often so erratic and nonsensical that I just gave up playing against it and now only play against myself or by PBEM (only on a yet to be
released mod me and a couple of other fine fellows are working on) exclusively. That's not to say that the AI isn't capable of real brilliance, as it is, but its daftness is just too prevalent too often for my liking.

Return to “Civil War II”