pgr
General of the Army

Movement and CP

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm

So I understand that not having enough CP will slow a stack down, but has anyone else observed that having excess CP seems to speed a stack up? It is perhaps anecdotal, but in a recent PBEM as the Union, a 16 CP corps gained a day in speed when a signal unit was added, and lost a day when it was taken away. (Even without the signal detachment, I was not experiencing a CP shortage.)

As anyone else noticed a CP movement "bonus?"

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Movement and CP

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Yes indeed! I just ran a test with a Division of 4 CP. I added a senior commander giving the unit 6 CP and the move changed from 25 days to 17. However, the CP boost had to be from a senior General providing a stack commander for the boost in movement to work. A second junior General adding 2 CPs did not increase movement. I was also not able to get a boost from an HQ unit, either. Good find!
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

pgr
General of the Army

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:52 am

Gray Fox wrote:Yes indeed! I just ran a test with a Division of 4 CP. I added a senior commander giving the unit 6 CP and the move changed from 25 days to 17. However, the CP boost had to be from a senior General providing a stack commander for the boost in movement to work. A second junior General adding 2 CPs did not increase movement. I was also not able to get a boost from an HQ unit, either. Good find!

Interesting. What do you mean by senior leader ? 2 star or above? I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:23 pm

A General with seniority to the Division commander. So the stack has a senior leader icon to the left of the Division leader icon. With a junior leader, I did not get the movement boost.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”