Searry
Colonel

Negating the Manassas -10nm early loss PBEM

Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:45 pm

The NM loss causes the fighting ability of USA to go down so considerably that CSA can start winning battles almost at will, especially since there is no corps system yet in place in Virginia and it's easy to do in the west. The cohesion recovery is so extreme, CSA forces can go to an offensive battle almost every turn and end up winning if they can keep themselves supplied and reinforced.

So I want to ask from experienced and good USA players, what are the best ways to start negating that NM loss from the first turns onward? Bad generals always hamper any decent plans in my experience so I haven't figured this side out yet,

Durk

Re: Negating the Manassas -10nm early loss PBEM

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:02 am

Bad generals are still very good at defense.
Reduce the out of command penalties best you can and wait.

pgr
General of the Army

Re: Negating the Manassas -10nm early loss PBEM

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:57 am

Quick answer, get NM elsewhere. A little costal fort busting can get you some easy NM.

That said, you are still better off loosing 10 NM than if you badly loose 1st bull run trying to take Manassas. As long as you build enough troops, the NM hit is not going to kill you.

The trick when behind in NM is caution. Build up, defend, and attack when you have a local superority. The nice thing about the Union, is that even if you are down 20 NM, you should bé able to outnumber the rebs enough that you should be able to defend. If the CSA is down 20 NM... things get hard.

Return to “Civil War II”