Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Union landing on Virginia (York) Peninsula

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Simply put, is there anything the Confederate player can do to trigger a substantial Union landing on the Virginia (York) peninsula?

Bamilus
Private

Re: Union landing on Virginia (York) Peninsula

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:Simply put, is there anything the Confederate player can do to trigger a substantial Union landing on the Virginia (York) peninsula?

Against the AI? I'm not sure. I notice the AI likes to invade Norfolk and York County, at least in the two games I've played against them. First game I didn't have a lot of garrisons, second game I did. I think the AI Union is hardcoded to recreate McClellans invasion since both times it happened around spring/summer 1862. But not sure if it's something I'm doing or if its just destined to happen.

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Re: Union landing on Virginia (York) Peninsula

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:52 am

I was just curious because I often see the Union AI land infantry brigades and/or cavalry/militia regiments somewhere (Usually in the proximity of New Orleans, Galveston or Norfolk), which is honestly of little more than nuisance value, but I rarely see them land in force and then capitalise upon said landing. I was wondering whether the Confederate player might just provoke a substantial Union landing by keeping a sizeable force on or near the aforementioned places.

Return to “Civil War II”