graydingo
Conscript

Support Units

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi all, I’ve been a lurker for about 2-3 years now and find the insights of many of you very instructive, but I have a question I can’t get answered by perusing the forum.

Support units. Right to the chase: if I have a corps and in that corps I have a headquarters unit, do I need a signal or medical unit? I’ve seen yes and no on the forums.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Support Units

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome...old friend!

The HQ and a Signal Co will both add 2 Command Points if in one stack. The Medic Co. will not improve the HQ's ability to boost cohesion recovery.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

graydingo
Conscript

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Ok. Cool. Thank you much Gray Fox. I think I have more screenshots of your comments than anyone.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:23 pm

You're welcome!

I stand on the shoulders of giants.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

BigDuke66
General

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Gray Fox wrote:Welcome...old friend!

The HQ and a Signal Co will both add 2 Command Points if in one stack. The Medic Co. will not improve the HQ's ability to boost cohesion recovery.

Wait.. what?
HQ and Signal company do not stack their bonuses. You only get +2 command points no matter if you them both or multiple units of them in a stack.
Basically the HQ has a signal and medical service of level 1, the same you get from a signal respectively a medical company so there is no need to put them in a single stack.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

graydingo
Conscript

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:45 am

Ok. So now I’m confused. This is why I asked. There’s some they say “Headquarters AND Signal Company” and those that say “ Headquarters MEANS NO Signal Company.”

graydingo
Conscript

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:49 am

If they EVER make a Civil War 3: Handbook!!!

BigDuke66
General

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:50 pm

graydingo wrote:Ok. So now I’m confused. This is why I asked. There’s some they say “Headquarters AND Signal Company” and those that say “ Headquarters MEANS NO Signal Company.”

See it for yourself, the HQ has 3 little symbols on it showing its Special Abilities, just hover the cursor over it and it should show you what each one means.
And you can also see that HQ & signal company give you as many CPs as an HQ OR a signal company give you, There is no CP gain when having more than one signal service in a stack.

Are there other benefits? I've seen none but if some hidden benefit applies to the HQ or signal companies abilities please post them here:
viewtopic.php?f=331&t=52436
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Return to “Civil War II”