BigDuke66
General

Colored Troops military option

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:59 am

Just received a new option called "Colored Troops" as a new military option. It provides 3 choices(Colored Volunteers, Colored Mobilization, Emancipation Proclamation) of wish the third irritates me, isn't his basically what Lincoln did after Gettysburg? It's just early September 1862 in my game and I already get this?
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

pgr
General of the Army

Re: Colored Troops military option

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:19 am

Your memory is off by a year. Linclon published the proclamation in September of 62, following the battle of Antietam, although it did not go into effect until 1 January 1863.

BigDuke66
General

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:00 pm

Indeed, sorry for the trouble.
But I guess the event is tied to the turn(early Sept. 1862), maybe it would be better to tie it to either a battle with a large NM gain or at least the Union reaching a high level(at least 100) of NM.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Captain_Orso

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 am

The events in the game very often hold to the historic timeline.

I don't think it would be possible to reference IF there were a battle during the previous turn nor its outcome.

I personally would not assess the actual battle of Antietam as having had a high NM gain. The only thing that defined it as a US victory was that Lee retreated from the field. But losses were heavier on the Union side, while having more than twice as many men on hand, plus Lee managed--or McClellan allowed Lee--to leave the battlefield anaccausted. The only fact about this battle that allowed Lincoln to present it as a victory was that it was the first major battle in the East in which the Union army not only remained on the field after the battle, but did not retreat back to the Washington defenses. It was more the situation of finally having not getting routed after having taken heavy losses. I think most did not look closely at the huge force disparity at the start of the battle, and even less the disparity after the battle. It was really a pretty bad example of a "victory" :(

Return to “Civil War II”