lightbrave
Captain

Premium for Volunteers

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 am

In my current PBEM, its August of 1863. Money is the thing I need most right now and I think that's gonna be the thing I need for during the rest of the war. My morale is currently 131 and my opponent is at 82. Should I just pick the option to pay no premium for volunteers? I don't see how it would hurt any because I cannot afford to pay anything in the first place and I don't see me running out of conscripts before I run out of money. Is there a downside to me paying no enlistment premium in this situation? I'm CSA by the way if that matters.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Premium for Volunteers

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:17 pm

If you would get X number of conscripts with no premium and less than X with a premium that you cannot pay, then don't go for the premium. If money is the thing you need most right now, have you considered raising taxes, selling bonds or printing cash? Even if you don't want to pay a premium, this would give you more funds. For every 2 points of NM above 100 you get 1% more replacements, with the reverse applying for NM under 100. So you have a delta of about 24% (Union -9% and CSA +15%) in that respect. What is the strategic situation? Did you get a message that the Union is paying a premium? Do you have parity with the Union? It seems you are going for a fight to 1866, so what are the VP totals? Economics is a big part of the game, especially for the CSA, but it is a war game and only troops win battles. Good luck!
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

pgr
General of the Army

Re: Premium for Volunteers

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:47 pm

My understanding is that the call for Vols is primarily dependent your NM. The amount you pay boosts the effect, but if you are at 135, an no bonus call should still net you a nice crop of conscripts.

If you were cash rich and conscript poor, I would do a high bonus, but it sounds like that is not your problem. If cash is you limiting factor in creating new units...save your pennies!

Return to “Civil War II”