phoenix
Captain

viewing numbers of men

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

Can anyone help? I notice that, instead of combat power I can read off the numbers of men, horses, guns etc in a stack if I hover over the little division symbol for any card in the stack (in the bottom bar stack inspector, I mean) - I mean the little Nato-type symbol in the top right of the card. BUT, this only works if some elements have been subsumed into that card - then the elements show up to the left and all the power numbers change to actual manpower etc. Is there any quick way to see the manpower figures for cards which do NOT 'contain' multiple elements - aside from opening up the detailed info box by double clicking on the symbol? Is there anyway to get the hover-over to work for these simple cards?

Hope that's clear enough....I would include a picture but that doesn't seem to be possible here...

Thanks.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: viewing numbers of men

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Works for me in any unit, except when there is only one element in the unit alltogether (sharpshooter, balloon,...). Still you can hover over that elements symbol in the elements list to the right when you highlight the unit

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 am

Click on the single unit so that the icon with its NATO symbol is exposed in the lower right hand corner. Then just cursor over the icon and you get a pop up menu with the men, horses and guns info.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:19 am

Phoenix,
You should be aware, however, that the number of men and horses is entirely for flavor, and no game mechanics make use of the number of men. The "number of men" reported comes from the number of hits (hearts) an element has times a fixed multiplier that varies per unit type and is available in the model game files somewhere.

The game keeps track of casualties, build cost, supply usage, replacements etc. at the hit (heart) level or higher. When looking at a battle result, for example, ignore the number of casualties, pay attention to the number of hearts inflicted/received by each side.

The unit panel does not directly report on the number of hearts in a stack, so the "number of men" can give you a ballpark estimate of relative sizes, but the PWR rating is more reliable for decision making since it also factors in cohesion, quality and leadership.

phoenix
Captain

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 am

Ok. Got it. Didn't know that, ArmchairGen. Thanks, both.

Return to “Civil War II”