phoenix
Captain

Novice - Corps creation help needed.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Watching hours of videos to try to learn various things. Amongst them Spink Akron's C&C tutorial.

So, following that, I open up Shiloh and then try to create Corps structures with Grant's stack. But I cannot get the Corps button active. Can anyone help me? I don't seem to be able to post pictures of the issue in here - sorry.

But basically, if you open up Shiloh then Grant's stack has within it Grant - the Army of Tennessee commander - 6 Divisions and a reserve. The Divisions all have leaders, the reserve doesn't. You can fit at least 4 of the divisions into Grant's direct command (I mean by dragging and dropping them onto The Army of Tennessee) . That would leave Grant with a very powerful army stack and no penalties.

But the Division left out has command penalties, so I try to make it into a Corps - ie; to bring it under Grant's command chain to get rid of the 50% no command chain penalty. But clicking on either Grant or the division (doesn't matter which division you leave out - same result) I can't get a create Corps button to be active.

As far as I can see none of the reasons suggested as to why I can't (in the pop-up) apply. Corps formation is available, I've read, from march '62, and this is April '62. I'm playing version 1.06.3 (which I hope is the very latest version).

Can anyone be bothered to replicate this situation by quickly opening up Shiloh and trying to set up a Corps structure with Grant's stack? Then tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Much appreciated. Thanks.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Novice - Corps creation help needed.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:52 pm

The Division must also have a loose 2-star General with it to become the Corps commander, i.e., not a 2-star Division commander. You would click on this loose General and then the Corps command icon should be active if he is also active.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

pgr
General of the Army

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:54 pm

I think you need to free up one of the division commanders to be a corps commander. First, stuff everyone into Grant's army stack and re-organize the divisions so that you free up one of your 2 star commanders. Take that loose commander (Lew W for example) and create a new stack with him. When you click on the new stack, you should now see the corps creation option.
Bottom line, you need a 2/3 star commander in a different stack, and he can't be commanding a division that the time the corps is created.

Edit: Curses Grey Fox, you beat me again... :(

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Good evening in Paris! Good advice sounds better when given twice.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

phoenix
Captain

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Ah! He needs to be loose. Ok. I get it. The suggestions for why the button was greyed out said 'Leader already directly commanding' or some such - I guess that's what that means. Many thanks both.

Return to “Civil War II”