lightbrave
Captain

Battle Log Icons

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:26 am

As I'm playing the game more, I realize I have many more questions as I want to master the game. I'm grateful to all of you who have helped and participated in previous posts. Iv got 7 questions in mind so far but I'm only going to do two tonight.

I just had Ft Donaldson fall to my Union opponent and I noticed my men (inside the fort) were "exhausted" according to the battle log overview. I'm trying to figure out why my men would be exhausted when they are sitting in a fort (with a wagon and well supplied).

Iv also noticed strange battle log icons over the course of playing this game that really shouldn't be there.............for instance

The attacker having an entrenchment bonus
My opponent inflicting several "lucky shots" on me but i recieved no casualties
Having a high "hit probability" and medium "hit probability" at the same time. Mind you these are 1 round battles (i think)

And several more that i cant think of without being in game.

What am i missing here? Does exhaustion have other meanings to it? Can lucky shots just be wounding my soldiers? I would like to see a detailed explanation of what this stuff means. If there is a post on it i have not been able to locate it.

Thanks guys!!!

lightbrave
Captain

Re: Battle Log Icons

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 am

By the way, I'm trying to figure out how to put a screen shot on here. I got one saved on my comp but cant copy and paste it here. Anybody know how to do this?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:52 pm

The icons of the battle report are to some extent eye candy. I posted once that my artillery had the "murderous fire" icon, even though the enemy took no casualties. This in-game pop-up is the battle report's notification and all that really matters is who won. An actual Battle Log file exists as a temp file. This is a more exact description of what happened.

When Ageod updated the software for their site, posting screenshots required a third party. Unfortunately, this sometimes doesn't even work.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm

The Battle Report has a minimum of 3 displays, (S), (E), and (1) through up to (7).

(S) is at the Start of the battle, before anybody the first round of battle.

(E) is at the end of the battle, after the last round of battle, but I'm not sure if retreat damage is included.

(1) - (x) where 'x' is the last round of battle, is after each round of the battle.

In the Battle Report, in the upper left corner of the window, click on the circle with 'E', 'S', or (x) to open the list of Battle Report periods to open that period of the battle.

Per default when you open a Battle Report, you always have (E), the end of the battle, displayed. So of course, per default, your units are showing their status after having fought.

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:38 pm

lightbrave wrote:By the way, I'm trying to figure out how to put a screen shot on here. I got one saved on my comp but cant copy and paste it here. Anybody know how to do this?

The forum currently only allows for uploading any files within 'Technical Support' and 'Help improve' sub-forums.

The only way to post an illustration outside of those sub-forums is to use a third-party picture hoster, which allows for linking externally to uploaded pictures.

Return to “Civil War II”