Glitch
Private

Determining cost breakdown for units; Combat Power in Objectives Screen

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Hello!

How do I pull up information demonstrating the cost breakdown for a unit? Specifically, I want to be able to see how much inflation is increasing the cost of the unit, or how much cheaper a unit is due to deflation.

For example, I want to buy an ironclad and before doing so, I want to see how my national decisions have influenced the overall cost for the ironclad.

Also, as the CSA in my PBEM game, the Union has 148/649. Does this mean he has 148% more powerful land force and 649% stronger naval force? Or, how do I interpret this?

Thank you!

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Determining cost breakdown for units; Combat Power in Objectives Screen

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello!

Near the top left hand corner is an icon that looks like some paper money. If you cursor over it, you get your current positive or negative Percentage Number for inflation/deflation. This seems to work thus:

base money cost x Percentage Number = an amount of money

This fractional amount rounds off to the nearest whole number value. This value gets added to the Money cost of the element, but not to the Conscript Companies or War Supply cost. So, if you have no CC's or WS, then it won't matter if you have 100% inflation or deflation. Normally, WS is the CSA's bottleneck and inflation or deflation of the money supply isn't a concern.

Your interpretation of the combat power numbers is correct. If you cursor over the icon of an arm flexing its muscle at the top of the Combat Power column in the Nations Comparison table, then you get a menu explaining this.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Glitch
Private

Re: Determining cost breakdown for units; Combat Power in Objectives Screen

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you!!

It never ceases to amaze me the responsiveness of this forum. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have likely abandoned this game long ago!

Return to “Civil War II”