Canon
Lieutenant

Army Commander Bonuses?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 am

Been wondering this for a while. I know Corps Commanders give a 5% combat bonus per off/def stat, and division commanders 3%. What about army commanders? Does Lee provide a combat bonus to his associated corps? Or at that point is he in a purely organizational role, and his 5-5 attack/defence serves no further purpose? (Besides raising the stats of his Corp commanders)

Or more simply, does the commanding general provide any bonuses once combat actually starts?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Army Commander Bonuses?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Here is the post I did on leader's effect during combat:

viewtopic.php?f=331&t=38273

When you click on a Corps stack, you get the menu of units in that Corps at the bottom of the page. To the right of this menu is a picture of the unit in that stack which is currently highlighted. Above it, is the diamond icon that indicates a Corps. If you cursor over this icon, you get a menu of the Army Commander's effect on the Corps Commander. So yes, Lee and all other Army Commanders affect Corps Commander stats, which in turn affects combat resolution.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Canon
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:09 pm

Okay thanks!

Yep, I realize the impact that a good army commander (or bad) can have in elevating corps commanders and therefore troops before combat, was more wondering if any further advantage happens once the battle begins, creating an even better advantage between say Lee and McClellan.

But by your response I'm thinking no! Thanks!

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Combat in CW2 involves many aspects and is perhaps best described as a game of inches. You want to get the most of the situation, with terrain and weather to your advantage, good commanders, line or elite infantry, heavy artillery, ample cavalry for pursuit, high initiative and lots of supplies. As the defender, you also want to max entrenchment. None of these is a silver bullet in itself, but do more of them better than your opponent and the advantages add up. Good luck!
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Captain_Orso

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am

Haha! I like that description. Well said :thumbsup:

Return to “Civil War II”