Blood and Thunder Brigade
Corporal

Big Problem

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:03 pm

So Windows 10 tells me my computer needs updates, etc, and after ignoring that for a few months I figure what possible harm could it do and decide about 2 weeks ago to do the updates. Big mistake. After having played this game for over a year without any trace of a problem it crashes on me while trying to reload a previous turn, and then wouldn't allow me to access the game at all. So I decided to system restore and reloaded the game which got me all the way through to the start menu and I thought the problem was solved, but no. Upon loading a new game, I see that everything seems to be in working order, but hold on! I can't see my frickin' units anywhere. There's absolutely no trace of them on the map. If they're inside a city or garrison and I click on them I am able to see them on the underlying units panel, but they don't pop up like they normally would. What the hell?? Am I missing something? I'm hoping this is an easy fix, but my gut says otherwise.

Nikel

Re: Big Problem

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:55 pm

The first thing I would do is uninstall the game, then delete the folder with any file that may remain.

Restart the computer, install and patch the game.

Corporal

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 pm

Nikel wrote:The first thing I would do is uninstall the game, then delete the folder with any file that may remain.

Restart the computer, install and patch the game.

Cheers.
Did a uninstall/reinstall and it's working now, but I'm using the 1.6.3 patch, which I'm not sure I really like yet. Does anyone know where I can find the 1.6 patch?

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Don't forget to re-patch Windows and then do your backups again ;)

Nikel

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote: Does anyone know where I can find the 1.6 patch?

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/CW2/CivilWarII ... p-v106.zip

Corporal

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Don't forget to re-patch Windows and then do your backups again ;)

Done ;)

Corporal

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Nikel wrote:
Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote: Does anyone know where I can find the 1.6 patch?

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/CW2/CivilWarII ... p-v106.zip

Thank you very much :)

Return to “Civil War II”