Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

3 Questions

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 pm

1. Where & when can the counter-intelligence be used? I've never actually seen a situation where this option can be applied. Is that a bug?

2. Cavalry screens - do I use it to screen my movement to the region I moving to, or the area I am moving from?

3. Mescaleros - What is the affect of this option?

Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by Blood and Thunder Brigade on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyronis2054
Conscript

Re: 3 Questions

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:1. Where & when can the counter-intelligence be used? I've never actually seen a situation where this option can be applied. Is that a bug?

Many thanks in advance.

#1 I can answer for you, it's only used when the enemy uses it... So you'll see in the notes certain CSA demonstrations are being held in particular region... Once you see that, if you hover over counter-intelligence option, you'll see that region is now Green for you to put them in.

So essentially, if the enemy doesn't use it's spy techniques, than you won't have to worry using yours.

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks mate.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:03 am

2. You play the cavalry screen card in the region where the 6 cav units are. This gives the other units in the region extra hide points for a turn. However, when I tested this, none of the units got a hide bonus.

3. The mescaleros show up as Indian, i.e., Native American units. I suppose that if the Native Americans are on your side, then so are the mescaleros.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

DrPostman

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 am

I've never seen Mescaleros amount to anything myself in the game.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Straight Arrow
General

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Gray Fox wrote:3. The mescaleros show up as Indian, i.e., Native American units. I suppose that if the Native Americans are on your side, then so are the mescaleros.

Yep, they are Native Americans. Mescaleros are Apaches and were renowned warriors. The current tribe is a blend of Mescaleros, Lipan Apaches from Texas, and the Chiricahua band.

Geronimo, Mangas Coloradas and Victorio were Chiricahua Apaches.

Their reservation is located in south central New Mexico.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:28 pm

I suggested once that the "Indian" units should be more properly named after their tribal nations. No word back...

Captain_Orso

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 am

Actually, that ought be the case for Native American units, but it would require creating 1 faction per tribe. This would make for a huge number of new NA factions. Each of these new NA factions would have to have their own varying agents determining their goals and interests, and they would have to be integrated into current events without having the events change their nature.

Nobody can say how they would work with each other, basically vying for a limited and ever shrinking territory, and that would require an immense amount of testing to insure that they didn't simply wipe each other out, while the Federals simply sit back and enjoy the show. Additionally the relationships between each tribe would have to be considered (which tribe is friendly or unfriendly with which other tribes) and tweaked and tested. All-in-all, a huge task.

It would however make possible a Planes Wars DLC, which wouldn't make sense without NA factions, but I'm not sure if the ROI would be profitable, soooo....

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Many thanks, oh Great Bear! I will send out smoke signals to my Cherokee cousins. :D

Return to “Civil War II”