lightbrave
Captain

Athena needs Harpers Ferry/Winchester like an addict needs a drug

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:03 am

Athena is getting so predictable. Iv only played like 3 or 4 full games with Athena but she does the same thing every time.
Shes always aggressive in Missouri. Never tries to take New Orleans or any coastal city and if she does send ANYTHING there is like one militia unit or maybe a brigade. In the near west, they are so passive I just want to scream. All they do is ride the train from one side to the other. In the east, it seems like Athena thinks it will get 50 NM points if they take Harpers Ferry and Winchester. Last game (on Normal) I had about 100,000 soldiers about to move on Washington and they train out about 40,000 men to Harpers Ferry. I don't get it. I feel like playing a real person (especially one who knows what they are doing) will be extremely hard for me since I don't know much. I was hoping Athena would get better but maybe not. Maybe I should just take my ass-whopping from real players for a while. Best way to learn probably.

This brings up another problem. I'm not very computer savvy. Is there anybody willing to play me where we can get on skype/mumble/teamspeak or whatever to help me figure out how to PBEM. I know there is a thread on here that explains how to do it but its seems like a foreign language to me. Anybody whiling to help?

Glitch
Private

Re: Athena needs Harpers Ferry/Winchester like an addict needs a drug

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:58 am

I'd be happy to PBEM. I'm fairly new to the game, so perhaps it would make for perfect symmetry :bonk:

DrPostman

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:35 am

What level are you playing on, and how is the aggression set? I play on Lieutenant
with average aggression. No matter what, an AI is limited, and you should be able to
figure out exploits against her fairly soon. Norfolk is one, where she never moves in
as the CSA right away and I can usually send enough troops to hold it.

PBEM is pretty easy, all you do is share .hst files with whoever is playing as the host
for the game. Some take turns being the host though. The .hst files are found in your
saved game folder

Athena is one of the best AI's I've come across in computer gaming, so my hat is
still off to the devs. I had to tweak the settings to get where I have a challenging game
and still enjoy playing against the computer. Never have the same game twice.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

lightbrave
Captain

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Sure glitch, lets play

lightbrave
Captain

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Sure glitch, lets play

lightbrave
Captain

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Drpostman My settings are on Sergeant, low detect bonus and normal aggressiveness.

Glitch
Private

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 am

Lightbrave,

Since I have not posted enough, the forum system will not allow me to respond to your private message. Shoot me your email and I will email you about multiplayer (PBEM). Thanks!

DrPostman

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 am

See what happens if you increase the detection bonus. It's worth a try. Lieutenant level gives me a very
challenging game, at least for the first 2 years.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

lightbrave
Captain

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks Drpostman, ill give it a try. OK clitch, ill message you my email. I assume you can see my message, just not respond to it. If not, just let me know on here and ill give it to you in this chat.

Return to “Civil War II”